Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Weekend speed Fibre broadband

Bobbymax42
Hooked

Slow Weekend speed Fibre broadband

Here we go again!

Nearly every Friday night through Saturday, download speeds plummet from the promised 35mbps to under 6mbps. The reason I'm paying for a seven-day-a-week fibre broadband service is that I need it. Fine all week until the weekend then everything falls apart. Who do I need to speak to sort this out? it's getting ridiculous!

5 REPLIES 5
mssystems
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Slow Weekend speed Fibre broadband

I bought a film on iTunes at 9.00PM and so far, I have managed to watch about 10 minutes.  The rest of the time I was checking my equipment.  Finally ran a speed test, 1.25Mbps down.  That's a fibre connection, 100m from the cabinet.  Appalling.  And yeah, we have to pay good money for this frustration.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Bobbymax42 wrote:

Nearly every Friday night through Saturday, download speeds plummet from the promised 35mbps to under 6mbps.

@MatthewWheeler  Can this case be added to the HOT SVLAN investigation please.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@Bobbymax42 Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Our tests are showing a capacity issue at the exchange.

We've raised that for further investigation and we'll update you when we know more.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Bobbymax42
Hooked

Thanks, it's become very frustrating and has been going on for a number of weeks. I've got various screenshots of speed tests run if it helps.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

We don't need any data from yourself as our tests are showing there's definitely a issue.

It's been passed to our suppliers complex faults team and we'll have a update by the 1st of March.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team