Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Websites

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Slow Websites

This isn't meant to be a dig at PlusNet but I'm just curious why Ebay and Digital Spy are so slow for me? Does anyone else get that? Digital Spy is the worse. It's so slow I often just give up trying to navigate it.
I hop between Google DNS and OpenDNS but experience the same phenomenon with both along with PlusNet DNS. Speeds below.

3 REPLIES 3
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Slow Websites

Just tried both websites and they both work fine for me
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Very strange.
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

fwiw, I've also frequently observed long delay when trying to access eBay for the first time during a session on number of occasions all this week. If I stop the browser session and retry ebay, it usually let's me in.    Once I'm on ebay, navigation is fine.   I just assumed it may be an eBay site issue.
I'm using DNS: primary: 212.159.6.10 (plusnet) and secondary: 8.8.8.8
currently connected to pcl-ag03 gateway, but I don't think this is a factor as I was using a different gateway earlier this week and still had issues connecting to eBay.
Update: I think I may have found a possible reason for the issues I have been seeing with eBay.  Turns out it might be something to do with Adblock extension which I use in chrome web browser for windows.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-