cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Upload speed

Phil-999

Slow Upload speed

Recently started to notice that uploads where starting to take longer.  Generally I don’t have the best speeds, download 12 to 15 on a good day and upload was around 0.5.   Recently the upload has dropped and over recent days when testing, the upload speed has dropped to 0.1 to 0.2.

I have checked DSL checker and this provides an indication of upstream line rate available of between 1.2 and 2.

Any advice on how I can get the upload speed improved, even just back to the 0.5 will be an improvement to what is is now.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Slow Upload speed

Good morning @Phil-999

Thanks a lot for reaching out, and I'm sorry to see that you're upload speed is operating below those that were estimated.

Tests on our end have also found the upload speed to be operating in and around 0.5Mbps. Are you using any extension switches / sockets within the property at all? If so, are you able to connect your router directly into the master socket and run another wired test?

If you're getting the same results after that, please let us know and we'll be happy to raise a fault on the account, it's likely that an engineer visit would be required.

The engineer may also be required to perform a DLM reset as the line is currently banded at 18mbps (downstream), which is within estimates, though the line should be able to achieve around 22Mbps.

I'll pop my KBD results onto this post for your reference.

KBD
GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID  

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 18.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 0.5 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 1566.4
Upstream Rate Assessment Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Good
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From21:45to09:15
Interference Location Customer Premise
Interference Observed In Days 8
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-18M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2021-07-08T11:45:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 17.5 Mbps 17.9 Mbps 17.5 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 0.4 Mbps 0.5 Mbps 0.5 Mbps
Up Time 806.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.8 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
 Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Phil-999

Hi Adam,
I can confirm the router is connected to the main socket and when I have just run a test on BT whole sale with laptop connected via cable to router and the results are, download less than 6 and upload registers as zero.

Any further help appreciated.

Thanks
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for your response @Phil-999

Now that you've confirmed these speeds over a wired connection, I'd suggest raising this matter with Openreach and having an engineer appointment booked in. I've created an open fault ticket on the account, which we'd like you to respond to with available times for an engineer visit.

Feel free to give me a nudge on here once you've responded, it'll get things pushed along a bit quicker Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds