Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Upload Speeds

Cheltgar37
Hooked

Slow Upload Speeds

Hi

I have just switched over from BT, and am pleased with he download speeds being achieved, of 33MB approx, but am only getting 1.8mb Uploads. 

Is there anything I can check to improve this?

Gareth

11 REPLIES 11
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Slow Upload Speeds

Nope as the product you are on is 40Mb/s down 2Mb/s up unlike BT which was 40/10

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

As Oldjim has said we don't do 40/10 so the upload speeds you are getting are the best you'll get on your current package.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Cheltgar37
Hooked

Hi 

Does the Unlimited Fibre Extra have a faster upload speed, is that what is limiting the line? or is this as fast as it will go?

I looked for limits or even indications of likely upload speeds, but couldn't find any on the web site.

thanks

Gareth

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi Cheltgar37,

If you take the Unlimited Fibre Extra package you can look at getting upload speeds of up to 20Mbps

Oldjim
Resting Legend

HOWEVER

If your speeds are less than 40Mb/s as reported here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput for the clean range (probably the bottom number) then the Plusnet system won't let you order it

Cheltgar37
Hooked

Hi Oldman

I think i may be missing the fist part of your post. I can just see from the HOWEVER down.

Would Unlimited Fibre Extra help? Is that also capped with the upload speed?

Gareth

Oldjim
Resting Legend

HOWEVER is a follow on to the preceding post by BenB

I will try to be clearer -

Plusnet have two products

Fibre and Fibre Extra

Fibre is based on the standard 40/2 product from BT Wholesale and Fibre Extra on the standard 80/20 so in theory you could have either if you are prepared to pay for it

But the way Plusnet have written their ordering system if the expected download speeds are less than 40Mb/s then it won't allow you to order the 80/20 product.

Silly isn't it

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Oldjim was saying that if your lowest estimated download speed from the link he gave is less than 40Mbps, then Plusnet wouldn't sell you the Unlimited Fibre Extra product ( up to 80Mbps down /20Mbps up).

And the post does start from the word "However" as Oldjim was pointing out Plusnet's policy on the sale of Extra depends upon the estimated speed from the BT Line Checker.

Edit : Oldjim posted as I was typing Sad

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Obs
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I was estimated to have a line speed of 30-40Mb but was able to purchase Unlimited Fibre Extra over the phone when I explained to the operative that it was the up to 20Mb upload that I was after (I actually get 8, bang on the nose for what was estimated)

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

From checking your connection you would be able to upgrade on to the Unlimited Fibre Extra package but for the price difference it wouldn't be worth it as you wouldn't receive a great increase in speed. This is mainly due to the overall distance of your line from the exchange.

Cheltgar37
Hooked

Hi Ben.

Do you know what upload speed i would get? Or are you able to estimate on my line

thanks

Gareth