cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Upload Speed

FIXED
ajbic

Slow Upload Speed

My upload speed has reduced to around 2.4Mbps, whereas it is normally around 20 (and was before Xmas last time I checked). Download speed looks OK at around 60 (although does make it up 70 on good days normally). Has it been capped for some reason? Using BT Smart Hub 6.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
ajbic

Re: Slow Upload Speed

p.s. Sync speeds showing as 73.72Mbps downstream and 2.73Mbps upstream.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for your post @ajbic 

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems with your upload speed. I've tested your line today and the tests are showing a fault somewhere on the line which would likely be causing this.

If you've not already could you go through the troubleshooting steps Here making sure your router is plugged into the test socket to rule out any issues with your internal wiring.

If you don't see an improvement I'd recommend raising a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net so we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate this further for you. Let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ajbic

Thank you for the suggestion - I should have tried this. Looking at the master socket I realised that there was a cable plugged in to the phone line that was not being used. I think this must have been plugged in by accident over the holiday period. Taking this out and then resetting the router I’m now getting 18Mbps upload. I’ll keep an eye on this from now on.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Excellent, it’s good to see this was an easy fix Thumbs_Up Let us know if there’s anything else you’d need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet