Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Upload Speed

FIXED
maffie587
Hooked

Slow Upload Speed

Hello Everyone,

Signed up to Plusnet and got going a couple of weeks ago.  I've noticed that my download speed is 10 Mbps (BT Wholesale) or 24 Mbps (Speedtest) but they both agree that upload speed is slow at 0.0Mbps and 0.26 Mbps respectively.

How can I have good download and bad upload?  Surely the wiring is OK to be able to get a decent download !

Thanks for any pointers

Matt

7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Slow Upload Speed

Hi there, 

I'm seeing the low upload reflected on broadband diagnostics so reporting a fault would be a good idea. 

I'd run through the checks here first: https://goo.gl/tu2WWu following that you can report it at http://faults.plus.net 

Do let me know when you have. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
maffie587
Hooked

Hi Adam,

Fault reported.   I plugged into the Master socket and added a new MicroFilter.  Exactly same results as I get using extension lead.  Strange that Download is fast, but upload isn't.  Thought everything went through the same bits of copper wire.

Waiting with baited breath

Matt

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Matt.

Would you be able to try plugging your router into the test socket without any extension leads?

If your upstream speed doesn't improve there we'll need to arrange an engineer visit.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
maffie587
Hooked

Hi Gandalf,

NORMAL SET UP is Master Socket - Phone Extension cable to phone socket - Micro Filter - lead to Hub - ethernet to PC

TEST SET UP  was Test Socket (opened master socket) - New plusnet Microfilter - New Plusnet lead to Hub - 5m Ethernet cable to PC

The test socket is too far away from the PC.  I suppose I could try Speedtest.net on my mobile (using the Test Set up and check it over Wifi) and see if that gives me a different reading 

Both ways I get the good Download speed and poor Upload speed

Many Thanks

Matt

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for doing that Matt.

We'll need to book an engineer visit to further investigate.

Can you reply to this ticket with your availability or the text I'm about to send?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
maffie587
Hooked

Hi,

replied via your text message

Rgds

Matt

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

Hi, 

Your reply came through blank for some reason. 

Here's a direct link in case you wanted to try via a browser: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=173262586

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team