cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Upload Speed

dj0nes

Slow Upload Speed

Since moving property I get less than 2mbps upload speed.

Shortly before moving house my upload speed was upgraded to 7mbps.

I was wondering if the current 2mbps is a limitation of the line or that the upgrade hasn't been applied to the new property?

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Slow Upload Speed

Hi @dj0nes

Thanks for getting in touch.

The line profile seems to be set at 2Mbps and unfortunately we've noticed a data integrity issue on our suppliers systems which is currently preventing us from correcting this at the moment.

We've submitted a request with our suppliers to correct this and my colleague is monitoring your account to correct the upload to 'up to 10Mbps' once the data integrity issue has been corrected.

In the interim, you can monitor the ticket we've raised for this here

Thanks for bearing with us while we get this sorted.

Best Wishes,

Dave

dj0nes

Hi,

I can see from the support ticket that the order was placed for an increase upload speed, but could you tell me if it's been fulfilled please as I'm still experiencing slow seeds.

Many thanks,

Dean

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @dj0nes

Testing the line does show that the speeds are running lower than we would expect for your line.

I would recommend making sure that if you have any extension cabling connected, that this is removed and connect your router to the test socket, how to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here.

You may also want to take a look though our troubleshooting guides here and if there is still an issue, please report the fault to us here so we can investigate further.

Let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team