cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Unlimited Fibre

pkirk

Slow Unlimited Fibre

When I signed up to the Unlimited Fibre I was told it would never drop below 40, and if it did I should ring them ASAP.  My speed has dropped to 36, so I rang them - ha ha, I am more confused now than I was before.  All the replies from there highly trained staff were: "I'm sorry you feel like that" "There's nothing wrong" "It might be temporary" "Have you tried turning it off and on" and their favourite "I don't know".  What training!
Does this firm ever give the service that they promise?
I couldn't get a better service of Dick Turpin.
It's time they were closed down.
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Slow Unlimited Fibre

I'm sorry that you were misadvised when you signed up to fibre however I can't see any issues with your line from here.
You moved onto the 40/20 package in August and your current sync speed is around 41mbps.
Are you running your speed tests over a wired or a wireless connection?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jan
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

With me, my solid 73mbps connection dropped to 55mbps
and eventually they just changed my line estimate to 60mbps and told me I was within range of the estimate. All fixed  Angry
I agree it is dreadful
Photik
Dabbler

I second this ^
dick:quote
vindaloojim
Grafter

Yes its absolutely disgraceful the way plusnet handle their customers issues. I have had on going issues since January and my most recent issue of having upload speeds of 900Kbps...yes you read that correctly, 900K bps upload on a 80/20 Mbps sync rate line.
Plusnet are  choosing to ignore my issue, even after making them aware of it multiple times over the past two months via tickets, phone calls and forum threads.
900Kbps! I might as well be on dial-up.
Think twice before signing up to plusnet.