cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds and Drop Outs in the evenings!

Hussain
Hooked

Slow Speeds and Drop Outs in the evenings!

Hi, 

So I recently joined PlusNet just under three weeks ago. I did read and was informed that I should allow around 10 days from go live date to allow network setups to happen which may result in drop outs or slow network performance. This I lived through, however it has now been well over this period and I still get these issues!

I have researched about this and have noticed that there are similar forums of this nature with PlusNet customers but the resolution was never really mentioned despite tickets being raised. I have read it could be something to do with being placed on an overloaded port on the exchange or cabinet...? Not sure. But, the pattern is that the drop outs and slow speeds typically happen from 8pm onward up until 1/2am. Nobody at home is up later then this to report this to me after that time but in the morning it resumes to the normal fibre 38 speeds. 

This is very frustrating as during the evenings i tend to stream after work or even general internet browsing but get really frustrated and told my family members initially it would occur for 10 days but now they are developing negative ideas about the service of PlusNet. 

Despite all this, I do appreciate the customer service as everything is relatively timely and kept professional however i should not really have to switch to mobile data in the evening for fibre data i am paying for lol. 

I tried calling today about this but no longer had time after 20 mins of waiting due to family demands, so managed to raise this forum as it seems to get responses from PlusNet agents and dealt with well.

Again to emphasise, the speed of the broadband dramatically reduces from 8pm onwards to about 3mpbps which was worse then the standard adsl my previous provider talktalk gave and this has to be shared across several devices and then drops out. Really getting out of hand. 

Thank you and I hope someone can relate or help Smiley

ps, I am looking in to network analysis applications which i have seen others use to capture this information so i can attach it to this post and refer to it. Please let me know of any which are basic to use for this purpose Smiley

8 REPLIES 8
davenos
Rising Star

Re: Slow Speeds and Drop Outs in the evenings!

As you've seen your not the only one suffering this issue and should you raise a ticket i hope you get a better response than i have, i have been told that nothing can be done as my throughput is capable of achieving 30mbps so Plusnet cannot pass it on to their supplier as a fault(despite them telling me in order to escalate the fault i needed an engineer visit).

You may get the response that "this is how broadband works" as Plusnet try to dodge doing something about it.

Now i may come across as a little bitter in my posts but when you've had nothing but issues for 6 months and contradictory information(at one point in the same phone call)it tends to get to you.

Good luck getting your issue solved as o feel you going to need it.

Hussain
Hooked

This is really alarming. I have been very busy with work since this post hence why I have not had time to respond and would have expected a Plusnet Agent to at least get in contact with me regarding this by now. 

Again, since my post the issue remains, in fact the speed has reduced again severely to 3Mbps which is worse than standard DSL/Copper speeds I got from TalkTalk and have also noticed that during the day I barely reach the 38 and it varies between 15-20 . I am confident that I can achieve higher as i have previously had Fibre with talktalk so its not an issue with the household but rather the consistency of the Fibre Power throughput from the cabinet.

Please can anyone else advise ?

I will try to call Plusnet first thing on the Weekend due to work demands. I am getting quite fed up of this and cannot rely on my own home network speed consistency. 

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

This is really alarming. I have been very busy with work since this post hence why I have not had time to respond and would have expected a Plusnet Agent to at least get in contact with me regarding this by now. 

Did you raise a ticket? 

Hussain
Hooked

I am unsure of how to do so. As you can see I have marked this post as fixed as I could not find the remove post option and gave up on finding a fix. Since raising this concern, the issue is less frequent.  

Can you advise on how to go about raising tickets?

SteveA
Pro

Follow the sticky post at the top of the forum .......

Hussain
Hooked

I am still unsure what that means unfortunately, though I appreciate your support. 

SteveA
Pro

Hussain
Hooked

Thank you for informing me on how to do this.