cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds In Burnley Area?

tree56uk
Dabbler

Slow Speeds In Burnley Area?

Hey all, came back from work today to find my speed has dropped from it's usual 70-75Mbps to a lovely ~2Mbps! This is in the Burnley (read: dump) area.
I have done a router reboot and checked the speed on many devices and machines, all to the same result. is it possible to initiate a line check?
BT Wholesale speed checker also returns the same slow speeds FYI.
Any other tests need doing, let me know.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Slow Speeds In Burnley Area?

Can you run through the BT Speedtest, there should be an option to run 'further diagnostics' once the first test completes. That sends the result straight to the system we report faults in and makes it much simpler to get a fault reported!
The fault you went through online is with our faults team for investigation, so if you can get the speedtest done that'll help them with this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
tree56uk
Dabbler

Good evening Chris,
Went through the further tests just now and have been sent to the server. "Best effort test" resulted in the same slow download speed. Hope that carries through into the system!
Odd thing about this all is that upload speed hasn't been affected that much.
Thank you for your advice!
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi there,
We have received those test results and our Faults Team will pick this up as soon as they can. We aim to respond within 72 hours of the fault being raised. Thank you.
tree56uk
Dabbler

Hey Mel,
The issue seemed to be rectified overnight. However I did see a BT engineer around the local switch box this morning, so it seems like everything is in order for the time being.
Thank you all for your help Plusnet peeps!