Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds After Fibre Install

nickh
Dabbler

Slow Speeds After Fibre Install

Hi,
Just had fibre installed this morning. I noticed several similar posts saying that speeds were slow initially and a support agent manually resetting their profile fixed it.
Seems I'm possibly the same with 13mb d/l speed on an estimated 60mb line. The 'further diagnostics' button of BTW speed checker doesn't show full results and says an error as occurred so I can't confirm what my profile is currently.
Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Slow Speeds After Fibre Install

Hi,
Your connection was still set to the ADSL value. I've updated this for you now, and you should automatically get the new speeds. If you don't, please drop the connection (don't reboot the router), and reconnect to see the new speeds.
Any problems, please reply here.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
nickh
Dabbler

Thanks Tony.
It's at 25mb d/l now. Should this increase over the next few days?
Edit: Spoke too soon. It's back down to 16Mbps
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

It depends on your sync rate. When I tested your line, I couldn't see what it was. Your estimate is quite good though so I'd expect you to get more. If you could post your line stats, I'll be able to advise further.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
nickh
Dabbler

I'm using a TP-Link TD-W8980 to connect, along with the OpenReach modem.
The TP-Link device doesn't show sync rate, do I need to connect directly to the OpenReach modem?
It's back up to ~23Mbps now.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I've worked out what's happening. The 'paperwork' behind your order hasn't complete yet, but the work itself obviously has. So, I've been testing your line and it's giving me DSL results which confused to be honest. Anyway, we should be able to get full results for you tomorrow.
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
nickh
Dabbler

I am now able to use the BT Wholesale speed checker properly and here are the results (see attachment)
I haven't disconnected several times so I don't see why DLM should be limiting speeds. Is there a line fault?
zabiel
Dabbler

Try disconnect your router now. Wait about 10 minutes, and connect again. Should be fine.
nickh
Dabbler

Helpful guy at Plusnet support got me to do a direct connection to the OpenReach modem, which gave full speed.
Seems that the problem lies with a faulty router.