Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speed since line fault

seashore
Dabbler

Slow Speed since line fault

Hi,
I recently had a line fault which knocked out my phone line and Internet (fibre) for a week
The Openreach engineer has visited and repaired the fault (it was a corroded cable)
Now my Internet is currently downloading at around 8Mbps download, before the fault I was receiving over 70Mbps
I presume my profile was reduced automatically to try and get the line stable whilst the fault was going on but it doesn't seem to have returned to what it was or increased at all (its been a couple of days since the line has been back on)
Should I expect this to automatically return to 70Mbps or does it require another Openreach visit?
Cheers,
Chris
4 REPLIES 4
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Slow Speed since line fault

What's your Current Line Speed? (you'll need to log in).
seashore
Dabbler

says 46.6Mbps, but that's not what i'm getting and even that isn't close to what I had before the fault
seashore
Dabbler

I've run the wholesale test (attached) and it says my profile is set at 7.64Mbps, is this something I can expect to automatically increase without intervention? if so how long does the process normally take?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi seashore,
Sorry to hear about the line and connection issues you've had with us.
I've just checked your account and can see that my colleague Linn has picked this issue up with you via Twitter.
Hope to see this resolved soon!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team