Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Internet Speed and connection again

bennykkf
Dabbler

Slow Internet Speed and connection again

Hi admin,

Is facing slow internet speed and connection dropped  (especially during night after 9pm) since last weekend, would anyone please help and diagnose? Please let me know further information is required.

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: Slow Internet Speed and connection again

Hi @bennykkf

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your connection.

Line tests aren't showing any definitive problems but it looks like your router hasn't dropped connection in 23 days.

Can you turn your router off then back on and let us know if you're still having issues after that?

While line tests aren't finding a definitive problem though, they are showing what's known as a bridge tap which we'd likely need to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to resolve but let's see if rebooting your router sorts this out. 

Finally your router's on an old firmware which has a few acknowledged WiFi issues that may not be helping, so it may be worth posting in the topic Here and we'll (@bobpullen) will update the firmware.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bennykkf
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf , thanks for your follow-up. The speed is bit better than before but it is still not as expected.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @bennykkf

Do you have a laptop or desktop you can plug into your router using an ethernet cable to compare against?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bennykkf
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf sorry but I don't have any devices to have LAN port

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @bennykkf

No problem, I think it'd be a good idea to arrange an Openreach engineer appointment to take a closer look.

Can you reply to the ticket I've logged on your account Here with when you'd be available for a visit?

If you can post back when you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet