cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Fibre

Ryan1

Slow Fibre

Hi
I am after some advice regarding my broadband. I've had it just under 2 weeks and at first it was great, speeds usually around 75mps. Then suddenly last few days after 6pm it drops to 12mps until the morning when it goes back up to 75mps.

Fibre broadband has just been installed in my error and on the local Facebook page someone has been in contact with Openreach. Apparently there needs to be a third something added to the cabinet due to it being overloaded.

My question is basically what can I do? That means I'll be paying for fibre broadband that is/ was as slow as my old Sky normal broadband. This seems unfair since my minimum guaranteed speed was 68.1.

I contact Plusnet they just made me go through checks and connect router to test line and said nothing was wrong and problem must be intermittent.

My phones 4G is currently faster than my fibre broadband but I'm using to much data
3 REPLIES 3
Ryan1

Re: Slow Fibre

Any suggestions
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

In lieu of staff posting - if it is the case that a link is overloaded then you are stuffed until they install more capacity (whether that is Openreach or Wholesale I have no idea)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues.

It looks like your service is running on a hot virtual path.

This pretty much means that the equipment at the exchange is overutilised. It's expected to be fixed on the 29th September, however, I've contacted our suppliers to see if we can move your service to a cooler VP.

It isn't good news I'm afraid. There is only 1 other available VP that your service can be moved to, and this is in the same state as the one you're currently on. Sad Many apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet