cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Fibre Speeds

vindaloojim
Grafter

Re: Slow Fibre Speeds

Still awaiting a response from the faults team...
nedster
Dabbler

I'm lucky in that I am within my 90 days of the contract start (since fault first logged). If it isn't sorted after today then I am cancelling and going elsewhere. I've been with Plusnet for years now and am really not getting the service or dedication I expect.
I notice on BTw website that they can offer evening appointments. Perhaps if Plusnet did this then they could attend when the problem is there.Whilst I appreciate that they need BTw or openreachto fix, they should be using their SLAwith them to ensure that it is for both you and me vindaloojim!!
vindaloojim
Grafter

Quote from: nedster
I'm lucky in that I am within my 90 days of the contract start (since fault first logged). If it isn't sorted after today then I am cancelling and going elsewhere.

I don't blame you. I would do the same if were not for the last few months remaining on my contract.
I would be happy to stay with PlusNET if they can promptly fix my fault. If not then I will have no choice but to change ISP once my contract ends.
Quote from: nedster
I notice on BTw website that they can offer evening appointments. Perhaps if Plusnet did this then they could attend when the problem is there.Whilst I appreciate that they need BTw or openreachto fix, they should be using their SLAwith them to ensure that it is for both you and me vindaloojim!!

I couldn't agree more, nedster.
This is true, PlusNET are using BT's infrastructure. However PlusNET is owned by the BT group and PlusNET's customers have taken out a contract out with PlusNET, so it is PlusNETs responsibility to see faults fixed in a timely manner. 
vindaloojim
Grafter

Just received a ticket update:
Dear Mr ****,
Thank you for your patience. We apologies for the delay, we can see your speeds are still below what you were use to receiving, our suppliers are still investigating the speed issue with a possibility of another engineer coming out, we'll be in touch again within 72hrs.

Yet another 3 day wait  Roll_eyes

Can someone please shine some light on the following:
Voice Line Test Result Voice fault suspected - contact Voice CP to progress copper issue

What does it mean?
AndyH
Grafter

It means they've found a fault on the voice side of the line (which probably will be affecting the fibre broadband).
vindaloojim
Grafter

But what does voice side of the line mean exactly?
dick:quote
AndyH
Grafter

It means there is a fault on the copper line (the telephone wire), most probably somewhere between your property and the cabinet.
Can you hear any noises on your phone line like static/hissing etc.?
vindaloojim
Grafter

Cheers.
To be honest I don't use my landline phone at all. I don't even have it plugged in 99% of the time. However, when I have briefly connected my phone in the past to listen for any noises on the phone line, I haven't noticed any static or hissing.
Though I haven't checked lately.
The Openreach engineer, on his second visit, replaced the spool of cable from my property to the telegraph pole. Somewhere else along the local loop perhaps?
AndyH
Grafter

It's quite possible it's further along the wire.
The testing can sometimes give them an idea of the type and rough location of the fault.
It sounds like this is why the engineer was unable to complete the installation because of the errors coming up on his testing equipment.
vindaloojim
Grafter

Have just tested my phone line and there does seem to be static on the line.
Also, when the phone is picked up before dialling a number, instead of having a single constant beep tone I get a loop of one second beeps alternating between one second beeps and silence. I don't know if that is unusual or not but I haven't personally experienced a phone do that before.
AndyH
Grafter

Do you have and pay for the 1571 call minder? Dial 1571 and see.
vindaloojim
Grafter

Yeah that was it bud. I dialed 1571 and it turns out that I do have 1571 voice mail- not that I want it, especially if I am paying for it! If it does cost extra, how do I opt out of 1571 voice mail?
I had a message. After listening to the voice mail the tones back to a constant beep now.
There still seems to be static on the line however.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

The basic 1571 service which you have is free so your not getting charged for that.
Our phone line testing is identifying a exchange issue which I could raise however I don't think it will help due to the phone and broadband splitting off after the fibre cabinet.
I've checked the details of the fault and our suppliers are still investigating but as soon as we get a update we'll let you know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
vindaloojim
Grafter

Thanks for the update.
What is the issue that has been identified at the exchange?
vindaloojim
Grafter

Latest update on my fault ticket:
Your fault has now been raised with our suppliers for further investigation.
They have advised the estimated time for resolution is 13/02/15 17:00:00
Please note this is only a estimate and the fault could be resolved before this date, however we will continue to monitor for updates from them and if we are able to provide an update sooner than this we will do so.

However, It doesn't state what the fault is? Or if an engineer needs to visit my property again.
Can someone please confirm what the fault is/ has been all along. Thank you.
If I respond to my ticket to ask it will just reset the ticket by 72 hours.