Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Fibre Speeds

kevinr23
Hooked

Slow Fibre Speeds

Hi Guys

My switch days was yesterday, I've set my hub up after receiving messages that my switch was complete, however I am achieving ridiculous download speeds of between 0.5 and 0.8 mb.

The current figures in the Member Centre are

Phone exchange:UPWELL

Estimated line speed:7Mb (This may vary between 2.5Mb and 7Mb) - Checked on 2017-12-08 22:19:18

Current line speed:Not set

Bt Broadband checker shows the following speeds are in the attachment

any ideas why my current download speeds would be so slow.

Ive also tried the bt fault checker but keep getting messages that the browser timed out, I've also tried to log a fault through the member centre, but keep getting messages that its not available.

Thanks in advance for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Slow Fibre Speeds

Hi there and welcome .

it looks like either you've not actually been switched over to VDSL or your speed profile is locked on your  previous ADSL setting.

then go to this link to see what plus net think how you're connected 

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed

if still set at the adsl rates then contact plus net support 

Good luck

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

If you log on to the router, and go to the advanced section, and to the Help Desk tab and post a screenshot of that we ca confirm, make sure you hide sensitive info such as your username and password.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi there @kevinr23 and welcome to the Forums! Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Could you unplug all equipment from your master socket and also remove the face-plate and let us know when you have done it so we can retest?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
kevinr23
Hooked

Hi

We’ve unplugged the router, we live in a very old house so do not have a socket with a faceplate we can remove.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thank you!

I see, some of the really old sockets installed don't have a test socket. The reason we ask you to remove the face-plate is to disconnect any internal wiring as if this is the cause of the issue you may get charged for an engineer visit (if one is needed).

Testing isn't detecting the cause of the issue so could you raise a fault here so we can investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team