cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Fibre Speed

kjs2

Slow Fibre Speed

Hello,

I am supposed to have unlimited fibre but have tested by broadband speed regularly over the past month (both by wifi and wired) and only have a speed between 7 and 9 Mbps.  Only once did it reach 33Mbps and this was on a Saturday afternoon, tested by wifi after I had disconnected the router for 30 minutes.

Please could you look into this issue and let me know how this problem will be fixed.

Many thanks in advance for your kind help.

1 REPLY 1
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Slow Fibre Speed

Hi @kjs2,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry that your broadband speed is not coming through as you should expect, I appreciate this is causing some frustration. Please accept my apologies for any issues this is causing you.

I've checked your broadband connection today via our supplier Openreach's systems, there is an indication of a potential fault. Before I can escalate this please can you go through the following checks for your Wi-Fi speed as well as connecting to the test socket, as follows:

Wi-Fi troubleshooting

Master socket faceplate removal and connecting to the test socket

Regarding your broadband, I have not been able to get the speed information on the diagnosis however I have noticed on your connection there appears to have been a disconnection gap of a few minutes at least three times over the last week or so. This may be you switching off your router as you said you have done. Although switching the router off would not in itself cause problems for the connection, repeatedly doing so over a period of time may cause the automatic stability settings to fluctuate downwards as it can be seen to be a loss of or impairment of connection. Please avoid doing this as it will affect your speed levels as the system adjusts to a loss of connection. Leaving the router on all the time ensures that the connection is seen to be stable, this in turn helps maintain a consistent speed.

Once you have carried out the checks above, please do come back to us if you continue to experience issues. The ticket reference is here, I've sent you this message on the ticket as well as an engineer statement which you should agree to if your own checks fail to resolve the issue.

Once you have responded to the ticket please come back to us here to advise you have done so.

Thanks - LF