Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Fibre Speed

hollylizy
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Slow Fibre Speed

Hi, I've just been onto chat and also reported the problem I'm having via the ticket system but I wondered if anyone could tell me what this means... Just curious that's all.

Thank you for waiting Xxxxxxxxxxx I have tested your line and found an external fault,

Impairment in copper joint detected most likely in local network

So our broadband faults team can look into this further please raise a fault with us via the below link. Once the fault is raised you will receive an update within 24 - 72 hours.

We connect at 40+ usually and the last couple of days we've dropped to 3. and our fibre has been almost trouble free since day one so it's a bit out of the blue to get a problem like this.

5 REPLIES 5
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Slow Fibre Speed

Your line may have been trouble free but now it has a fault, these things happen! It is probably a faulty connection somewhere. Have you raised a fault with PlusNet as requested, that will start the process to get it fixed. Hope it doesn't take too long.Smiley

hollylizy
Dabbler

Yes, The first thing I did was submit a fault as per request Wink I did do a few bits of troubleshooting before I contacted support because as you can guess it's sometimes the simple things 😛 but after digging deeper it turns out there was a fault after all.

The tester at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ has my ip profile at a ridiculous speed which is why in the end I contacted support. I was mostly just curious if anyone else have had the same issue and what the cause was.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2.83 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 2.43 Mbps-3.48 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 3.48 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 2.87Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing speed problems.

From reading the engineer notes, it looks like they've made a change to your line over the weekend.

Testing your line isn't showing any issues now:

Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 53.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 9.3 Mbps
Voice Line Test Result Pass

How's the speeds on your end?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hollylizy
Dabbler

We are all fixed and working again Wink The engineer was very helpful, In and out in no time at all.

There was a problem with the line at the cabinet Sad But it was fixed and we were back online within a couple of hours of the engineer checking the line. We even got a tiny increase in speed for the trouble!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Happy to hear it was fixed relatively quickly.

We even got a tiny increase in speed for the trouble!

Like an early Christmas present. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet