Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Fibre Speed

malkpm
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Slow Fibre Speed

Hi. I am on FTTC. My speed as reported by my modem is down speed is 6.9 and the up speed is 1.1 .  This is close to the suggested maximum of 7.2 when I signed up.

Believe it or not I do not have any complaints to Plusnet. 

What I would like to know is what are the future plans to increase speeds (if any).

Also I notice that my cabinet about 1 mile away. There are closer cabinets. Who would I talk to to enquire about a change?

I am connected to the test socket so cant do much this end. I am NOT in a rural area.

Any help etc much appreciated.

December 2015

"Ofcom is providing technical advice to Government to inform its plans, announced last month, for every home and business to have a legal right to request a broadban...

3 REPLIES 3
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Slow Fibre Speed

FTTC speeds in my area are around half of ADSL2. Like you, I have a close cabinet (around 400 yards away) but am connected to one a mile away but close to the exchange.

I asked the same question and was told that a cabinet change cannot be done.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

malkpm
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks Mav.

Who did you ask the question to? 

Openreach must have plans in place to comply with statements such as 

Access to fast broadband to be put on similar footing as other basic services, giving everyone a legal right to request a 10 Mbps connection by end of this Parliament.

Its a matter of cutting through the bull. Somebody somewhere must know what the future roll out is.

Mav
Fixes: 514

It was from a thread I started back in early 2016.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still