cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Fibre Speed after upgrade

Karl1985

Slow Fibre Speed after upgrade

I’ve recently upgraded my fibre to the top service and I’ve seen a reduction in my speed from Avg 30-35Mbps down to 20.93Mbps (based on the speed test instructions on your post)

I noticed the problem initially and thought it was just an off day and maybe the service settling to a Avg speed ... but this has been for a few weeks now and no improvement

Seems very strange considering it’s been upgraded?!

Any help?
3 REPLIES 3
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Slow Fibre Speed after upgrade

Hi @Karl1985

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I've tested your line today and can see the speed syncing up at 40mb/s.

When you're testing it, is this via a wifi connection or a wired connection? If you perform a wired speed test what results do you get?

I can see we've offered some wifi troubleshooting info on a previous thread and just wondered how a wired test stacks up in comparison.

Best wishes

Dave

Karl1985

Hi ,

My previous post was a wired test result, as outset by the instructions on the Plusnet speed check post

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Karl1985,

Thank you for confirming that this result was from a wired test. I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this issue is causing you.

I've tested your line again and it's still showing as syncing at 40mbps on this side, but I can see that the Fibre Extra upgrade order wasn't put through correctly and your speeds are still limited to 40mbps down and 10mbps up. I've placed a modify order to move you onto Fibre Extra now and this will complete by midnight on the 17th of October at the latest. Please reboot your router if you've not seen an increase in speed after this time. The estimate speed for your line on Fibre Extra is 51.1-73.7mps down and 10.5-18.8mbps up.

It's difficult to determine why the speed you're receiving on your side is low at the moment, but this looks to be unrelated to the upgrade to Fibre Extra. Please can you run through our troubleshooting guides here and let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team