Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Fibre - Provisioned incorrectly?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Slow Fibre - Provisioned incorrectly?

And... the line is now testing as Fibre, but at a sync speed of 21mbps.

It looks like there may have been/be two issues here. Can you run through the troubleshooting here and report the fault to us at http://faults.plus.net if your speeds don't improve.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alexodwyer
Dabbler

Thank for your help Gandalf. I tried the test socket and it didn't make any difference. I've raised a fault via the page you linked.

It's worth mentioning that everyone who has been moved to this new cabinet seems to be having problems with their fibre upgrades regardless of provider. In some cases, their fibre connections are slower than their old ADSL connections.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks Alex,

It's worth mentioning that everyone who has been moved to this new cabinet seems to be having problems with their fibre upgrades regardless of provider. In some cases, their fibre connections are slower than their old ADSL connections.

Seeing as the troubleshooting process found a potential issue and has reported this through to BT, that could well be the case. We'll provide updates to this ticket once we have more info.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet