cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Fibre Broadband

rubble3
Grafter

Re: Slow Fibre Broadband

Still getting download speeds hovering around the range of 36 to 42. I have uploaded daily speedtest results to my open support ticket.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @rubble3 

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing speed problems.

Before we arrange an engineer visit with yourself as it looks like you're still using the Hub Zero and Openreach modem from 2015, I've arranged to send you an updated modem/router. This should rule out or confirm an issue with your equipment.

If your speeds don't improve could you add another reply to your support ticket 192600939 with your availability for an engineer to visit nudging us over here once you've done this and we'll get it picked back up again as soon as we can.

[edit]

Looking your router logs you've attached to one of your posts I believe you're actually using a Homehub 5. Anyway I don't think it'd hurt to try a different router to narrow down where the issue may lie further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rubble3
Grafter

Ok, have received a new router from Plusnet sent to try and resolve my speed problem

I ran a speed check using the existing router prior to installing the new one and then ran another speed test with the new router installed. In both cases the download speed recorded is now in the low 20's.

I updated the open support ticket with this new information yesterday lunchtime but as yet have had no further response from Plusnet

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

HI @rubble3, thanks for your post.

We're sorry for the delayed response both here and to your ticket.

I understand, from the notes on file, that you've managed to progress this issue to an engineer visit with our faults team since posting.

Please let us all know how you get on.