cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky to Plusnet

SJMC1
Dabbler

Re: Sky to Plusnet

Yeah I'll give it ago. I'll like to get this resolved.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

No problem @SJMC1

That's all been sorted for you, it'll take around 3-5 working days to arrive. Feel free to reach out once it's arrived if you have any further issues at all. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
SJMC1
Dabbler

I'm still getting disconnects and the download speed has dropped again.

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

@SJMC1 wrote:

The speed went back up to 60 Mbps and he said the line was good, but the disconnects are still happening. When I was with sky the other month I had a sync speed of 68Mbp and no issues.

Sky hubs have always been Broadcom based whereas the Plusnet Hub One is Lantiq based.  Historically, Broadcom based VDSL modems have been found to be less susceptible to line disconnects.   You may wish to try a BT Smart hub v1 (Broadcom based) which you can pick up quite cheaply on eBay, to see if it makes any difference.  Plusnet may or may not be able to offer you the new Hub Two (rebadged Broadcom based BT Smart Hub v2) to try?

fwiw, when you change supplier, I believe the engineer repatch your line inside the PCP (streetside phone cabinet) to use a different port on the DSLAM (FTTC cab) which would have been enabled for Plusnet.

Perhaps it could be a patching issue at the cabinet, or faulty DSLAM port you have inherited from another fibre customer?

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
SJMC1
Dabbler

Well I'm  at 38Mbps now on my router not far above the 34 Mbps guarantee speed I have with Plusnet. By comparison I had 68-70Mbps with sky with a guarantee speed of 54Mbps. I'm now sorry I left them. I now get disconnects slow speed and lag.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @SJMC1,

I'm sorry to hear that this is the case. Are you using the new router we sent you back in September? I've tested the line tonight and whilst I can see that there have been some late night drops, the connection generally seems stable, with no underlying fault conditions present.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
SJMC1
Dabbler

Yes I'm using the new router.  No doubt my line is banded again?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @SJMC1

I'm sorry to see you're still having issues. 

I can see your line's banded at 40mbps so I've added to the tracker for a reset which should happen within 3 working days.

How often does your connection disconnect? Does the light on the router change colour each time?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SJMC1
Dabbler

The lights go orange on the router. I think it's disconnected most nights this week alone. I've never had a good stable connection since I've joined plusnet tho.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah OK thanks again for getting back to me @SJMC1

Does the light change colour more often than pictured below?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SJMC1
Dabbler

Yeah it does. Some of those nights I was sleeping tho. Other times it slows a way down I get  buffering and lag on different devices with some of them on a wired connections but the lights don't change colour 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I think it's worth us arranging another engineer visit and escalating with Openreach for further investigation.

I'd like to take personal ownership this time round though until things are sorted for you one way or another.

Could you reply to the ticket I've logged on your account Here with when you'd be available for a visit?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for your time on the phone @SJMC1 it was genuinely great to talk with you again.

I'm glad to hear that your broadband's been working OK since the new year and you've been able to get back into gaming.

As discussed, I've tested your line and your router's getting 79.9mbps which is the most you can get for FTTC though Retransmission is still enabled in a Low state but if your connection carries on the way it is, I'd expect this to be automatically removed in due course, and your throughput/download speed to increase by a tad more. 

I can't see the noise margin, but you should be able to see from your modem. If it's higher than the standard 6dB that'll mean in theory your line can achieve a higher speed than 80mbps though the supplier product for FTTC is capped at 80mbps.

I've dropped you an email via the ticket ID 219237888 on your account with more information. Let me know how things go and if there's ever anything else you'd need help with as I'll be more than happy to help you again. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet