Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky to Plusnet

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Sky to Plusnet

Thanks for getting back to us @SJMC1, I'm really sorry for the ongoing issues. I can see your fault ticket has been picked up by our faults team this morning and so I have provided the latest information on this here for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
SJMC1
Dabbler

The fault still isn't fixed and the disconnects are as bad as ever!

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @SJMC1, thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear the drops look to be persisting. With the drops occuring so intermittently it does make it trickier for our suppliers in locating the cause of the issue and why I beleive your previous engineer visits don't look to have resolved the problem. I've looked into and updated the fault on your account that requires your attention and can be seen here:
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=217188395

Feel free to give us a nudge on here once you've updated the ticket then we'll happily look into progressing this further for you.

SJMC1
Dabbler

Ticket updated 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @SJMC1

I've booked the engineer and updated the ticket ref 217188395 with the appointment details.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SJMC1
Dabbler

I had the engineer out on Monday and he found no fault and that the line was good. He found no drop outs from the ports in the cabinet and that it was likely a profile issue with  plusnet. I'm still getting these disconnections.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @SJMC1

Thanks for letting us know. There's no such thing as a profile issue from our end if I'm honest. You're connecting through PTA which means' we aren't able to manually adjust your connection speed, and your Broadband profile on BT Wholesale's end is not banded at all.

Current profile: Downstream: 0.128M-80M with Retransmission (Low). Upstream: 0.128M-20M with no error protection

I'll pop a visual radius below which shows that the line is disconnecting around one a day in the early hours of the morning, though no issues are being found with the network itself. Are you using the Plusnet hub One? Tests on my end appear to show that it's offline?

If you're not, have you tried using it to see if this improves your connection?

Ignore the dropouts on Monday afternoon, this was during the engineer visit.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
SJMC1
Dabbler

I have plugged the hub one back in. I'll see how that goes.

SJMC1
Dabbler

The disconnections are still happening with the plusnet router as well.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @SJMC1

Thanks a lot for letting me know and I'm sorry to hear that the dropouts are still happening. Looking at the visual radius below, can you confirm whether you're seeing more dropouts than those displayed?

On our end, looks like the line has been dropping out at around 1AM briefly for the last few days. These do appear to have improved though since you plugged in the Hub One.

Adam
SJMC1
Dabbler

That looks about right. My download speed has also reduced each time as well

SJMC1
Dabbler

On my router the time stamp is one hour behind. All the router logs are one hour behind. The router records show that the last disconnect was at around 12 last night but I know from the router DSL up time and your records provided by you shows that it was around 1 am that it disconnected. My own router that I had connected a while  back showed the time one hour behind as well I had to change it manually. Is there something  wrong with my profile somewhere?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You're right @SJMC1

I've just run an RRT on the line which does show that speeds have been fluctuating, and have recently decreased.

This is likely due to the dropouts you've been having, which have caused DLM to band your line at 55Mbps.

Current Profile - Downstream: 0.128M-55M6dB with Retransmission (High). Upstream: 0.128M-20M with no error protection

As the drop outs are few and far between lately though, especially over the last few days, I wouldn't say this constitutes raised a fault yet, but if they get worse, let us know.

In regards to the banding issue, I'll get this raised with my colleague in order to get this reset, this should take around three working days.

Adam
SJMC1
Dabbler

I'm just getting these disconnections. The same thing is happening again the speed is also dropping soon my li e will be banded again. Please see router logs attached. One is at time of disconnection and the other is it blocking traffic and packets being out of sync. Note the time stamp on the router logs is an hour behind.20210917_084347.jpg20210917_090426.jpg

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @SJMC1

Thanks a lot for your response and for providing us with the router logs. It appears that quite a few packets with the same outgoing IP are being blocked for some reason, and that the router continuously needs to re-configure itself.

Going forward, I'd be happy to order a new router to see if this does the trick, would you like me to get one sent out?

Adam