cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Singularly unimpressed with plusnet. I never thought i would want TalkTalk back...

weblabrador
Dabbler

Singularly unimpressed with plusnet. I never thought i would want TalkTalk back...

New fibre customer, but connection is constantly dropping (16 times today!,and it's only 10.30...). Had an online chat with [CSA Removed], was told a fault would be raised only to told a week later when i phoned that no fault had been raised (thanks [CSA Removed]). 

I never thought in a million years i would be missing TalkTalk, it wasn't as fast but i was never lied to as a customer... Line now dropping out frequently, and not getting the guaranteed minimum speed either... 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Singularly unimpressed with plusnet. I never thought i would want TalkTalk back...

So the csa (who's name will be removed by the mods) failed to record the fault for some reason or alternatively it might have been a problem in the Plusnet/Openreach interface. This does not make the csa a liar!

I hope that your experience of Plusnet improves, what you need to appreciate is that whilst Plusnet are responsible for reporting your problem, it is not in their gift to fix it, that's the responsibility of Openreach, nor is it in their interest to mislead you by pretending to report a fault.

Have you tried some basic fault finding yourself? Does your phone pass the quiet line test (dial 17070 and select option 2 with a wired phone)? Are you sure that it is dropping a wired Ethernet connection and it's not a wireless fault?

Whilst people do use this forum just to 'sound off' If you describe your problem here you may receive hopefully helpful responses that could hasten a fix.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

weblabrador
Dabbler

Re: Singularly unimpressed with plusnet. I never thought i would want TalkTalk back...

If I say i'm going to do something, then I don't, I'm a liar.

The csa as you have called them was was incredibly unhelpful, less a case of "do you proud", more he didn't care.

The whole conversation of about 20 lines of dialogue took nearly 25 minutes. Plusnet advertises itself as different to the other ISP's because of it's customer service, at the moment they are no different and actually worse than my previous one TalkTalk.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Ok, so you just want to sound off.

For the record, the Oxford dictionary tells me that the word 'lie' means 'an intentionally false statement.'.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Why not try & start trying to help yourself by following one of PN links below; if a fault is found

it'll get automatically raised via their system.

seascapes99
Dabbler

i was 'new' with Plusnet on Jan 19th.  I have never been able to connect to broadband and still can't.  It took them FIVE DAYS to get an Open Reach man to look in their street box and find a phone fault and repair it. (I didn't have a phone fault - the phone was always working fine). He came to the house and his testing box showed broadband coming into the house.  Plusnet reluctantly agreed to send me a new router, but that didn't help to connect either.  I now have to wait for an Open Reach broadband man on Monday.  I have been asked to describe the coloured lights, type in stuff, move the router to the master socket, reset the router, and many other things over and over and over again.  How can they make a new customer wait all this time without a connection.  I am burning money on mobile phone internet access charges.  I have also lost a lot of TIME - the most at once being two hours when the Open Reach man was at my house and the Plusnet case manager was talking to me on the phone.  Everyone apart from me are paid for their time.  I have already paid in advance for a service I am not getting and for mobile phone internet access charges.  I'm pretty sure that something at the Exchange or in the street box needs repairing, but they make me wait 'up to 5 days' to check the NOT phone fault, and then another four days after that to check the broadband fault.  It seems like a lot of bureaucracy to me.  The Open Reach man reported on Wednesday that he had 'closed' the phone fault, but it took until the end of Friday for Plusnet to accept this.  WHY SO LONG?