cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since last week or so, have had regular router reconnects, each time with different ip address

asifd3

Since last week or so, have had regular router reconnects, each time with different ip address

Hi,

I've never had any issues with my fibre broadband, but since last 7 days, near each day we have noticed everyday around 4pm to 4.30pm regular drops, I can see the router doing to orange and after a few minutes we have internet back. 

The ip address each time changes. Last 1 was an iplocation in cambridge. I'm up in the north!

Today's again around 4pm and 4.30pm router dropped and got connected back, with different ip. The ip location being nearer to where I am...

Appreciate if this can be looked into, or let us know if there are issues that are currently being resolved?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
asifd3

Re: Since last week or so, have had regular router reconnects, each time with different ip address

Another drop on my router orange to blue @ 12.13am  16-DEC-21

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Since last week or so, have had regular router reconnects, each time with different ip address

Thanks for your post @asifd3 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues with your connection.

The IP address changes would just be a symptom of the drops and not a cause or anything to worry about. 

I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing any issues, but I can see your connection is dropping.

I've arranged for a change to be made to try to artificially increase your line's stability but it may take a week before you may notice a difference. In the meantime, would you be able to plug your router into what's known as the test socket explained Here? This should rule out any issues with your internal wiring. 

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
asifd3

Hi, my router is now connected directly to the master internal socket with filter.

I  also noticed today quite a few telecom engineers around our local green box exchange....just thinking they may be tinkering? thus possibly affecting my connection?

I will wait now to see if any drops occur after connecting directly to the internal master socket....

thanks in advance

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to me @asifd3

Potentially, but let me know how it's been with your router in the test socket. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
asifd3

Hi, l have left it directly in test socket since, but still having internet drops, random times...you should be able to see this at your end. I just had a drop approx 1.10am 6 jan 22 approx..., and i also had a router drop in the afternoon of 5 jan 22.

When i say drop, the router light goes to amber and then to blue. Drop being approx 2 mins long.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @asifd3, thanks for getting back to us. I am sorry that you are seeing further issues.

Checking the connection over the last week, it is looking a lot more stable than it was previously with just those 2 drops in the last week:

At this point, these two drops aren't too concerning so think its best we monitor further and if the drops start to become more frequent, we can look at book an engineer for you.

I have created a fault ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=220882188 just so our faults team can monitor for you.

Let us know how things go.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team