Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing into Xbox Live on PC / IPv6 / Teredo / Blocked

GamersApparel
Dabbler

Hello,

Not sure if I have posted in the wrong section as I see responses being made here and not in the original area that it has been posted (feel free to delete original post if so https://community.plus.net/t5/Gaming/Signing-into-Xbox-Live-on-PC-IPv6-Teredo-Blocked/m-p/1736497)

So after quite a while of searching through google and your own forums, I am failing to find a solid solution to this problem.

It appears to be an issue that you as a company have had for 10+ years, which is quite astonishing to say the least. It's a good job I haven't needed to log onto the xbox service until now (my contract has ended and currently on month-by-month contract).

I have gone through your links that have been sent to previous enquirers on how to potentially solve the problem, checking connectivity through cmd to Teredo etc. nothing has worked, absolutely nothing so far.

I am on a PC, hard wired to the network / router. I even went to the lengths of turning IPv6 off on my Network & Sharing > Ethernet > Properties > Networking. Nothing that I have found online has worked to fix my issue and it's starting to frustrate me.

Would appreciate any help to get this fixed!

19 REPLIES 19
GamersApparel
Dabbler

Hey guys,

So after quite a while of searching through google and your own forums, I am failing to find a solid solution to this problem.

It appears to be an issue that you as a company have had for 10+ years, which is quite astonishing to say the least. It's a good job I haven't needed to log onto the xbox service until now (my contract has ended and currently on month-by-month contract).

I have gone through your links that have been sent to previous enquirers on how to potentially solve the problem, checking connectivity through cmd to Teredo etc. nothing has worked, absolutely nothing so far.

I am on a PC, hard wired to the network / router. I even went to the lengths of turning IPv6 off on my Network & Sharing > Ethernet > Properties > Networking. Nothing that I have found online has worked to fix my issue and it's starting to frustrate me.

Would appreciate any help to get this fixed!

Tags (4)
GamersApparel
Dabbler

Re: Signing into Xbox Live on PC / IPv6 / Teredo / Blocked

I wasn't holding out for a response over the weekend so thought I would leave it and check today.

I have to say, i'm quite surprised that I have received ZERO communication regarding this today.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

Topics merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
GamersApparel
Dabbler

To note, I am on your Fibre package, not ADSL. (Really sorry!)

dvorak

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
GamersApparel
Dabbler

Any help would be appreciated..!

GamersApparel
Dabbler

Ok getting really annoyed now with my post(s) blatantly being ignored.
dvorak

At the current time given reduced staffing levels and OpenReach focusing on those with no connection other issues are pushed down the queue.

It's also not 100% clear from what your issue is, but seems that you can't connect to xbox live over Teredo tunnel.
This would be beyond the remit of most of the support team I suspect.

Also, as an aside, the bumping of posts is against Forum rules

Customer / Moderator
GamersApparel
Dabbler

There are many posts, not concerning no connections that are being responding to very often, so i'm not buying into that too much here.

I cannot connect to Xbox Live that I wish to use, because of your service. That is a connection problem.

I have seen in these very forums that fixes have been made here previously (where a static ip has been added onto the customers connection). Even if that is a temporary fix until you have more resources, although I suspect all support staff are working from home or indeed now in the office, so very little impact here.

dvorak

I’m just a customer who helps out around the forums.

Can you connect to xbox live without using Teredo?

You can add a static IP yourself for a one off charge of £5 to see if that helps.
Customer / Moderator
GamersApparel
Dabbler

Yes, I am aware of that.

I have no idea how you would connect to Xbox Live on a Computer without connecting through Teredo, the Connection Settings all show Teredo as a requirement.

I don't plan to pay extra for a fix on a service that shouldn't be an existing problem restricting my service.

GamersApparel
Dabbler

Just tried adding a Static IP to my account because this is becoming really annoying now. I get to the addons page and your system tells me that there are no addons available for my account....

mpickard76

I'm having the same issues. Gone through every other possible option and these inept people are the only last issue!!?!?

Even logging on to the "Umbrella" website is tiresome, I REMEMBER MY PASSWORD, WHY CAN'T YOU"!!

Using the Plusnet Hub One (BT's first model) says Teredo Blocked !!

Looked through every post / blog / frustrated rant and nothing !!

Seeing as this is an ongoing issue ... I have little hope ... Just a Diminishing contract length !?

I feel your pain ...

GamersApparel
Dabbler

Hey @mpickard76 I was told that I needed to send in a support ticket requesting a new static IP. From there they provided a link to put in a request / order a new static IP. This has resolved my problem.

Kind regards,

Jamie