cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significant speed decrease for both upload and download - well below minimum guaranteed

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: Significant speed decrease for both upload and download - well below minimum guaranteed

Hi @caseyw1988

I have ran some checks on your line for you, and it's showing an external fault on the phone line at the minute. I have raised this back to Openreach for you, and they will get someone out externally for you withing 48 hours. If you don't see an improvement by Wednesday evening, please let us know.

caseyw1988
Hooked

Re: Significant speed decrease for both upload and download - well below minimum guaranteed

Hi Dean, I private messaged you last week regarding the open reach engineers. This issue is still not resolved. As they wanted to obtain entrance to the property but couldn't as I work 9-5 Monday to Friday. Without a call to let me know they are coming I can't let them in.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear this.

Our tests aren't showing a external issue at this moment in time and the line is testing fine as shown below

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 73.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 261.7
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-74M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-09-04T12:15:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 74.0 Mbps 74.0 Mbps 74.0 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 19.9 Mbps 19.9 Mbps 19.9 Mbps
Up Time 477.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.2 Sec
Retrains 0.0 4.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2018-09-17T10:37:32Z 2018-09-17T10:52:32Z
Ingress Code Violation 2 1
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

Is the PS4 connected over a wired or wireless connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@MatthewWheeler  Although the speeds are pretty good I don't think that @caseyw1988 should be banded at 74Mbps on a line length of only around 260 metres. My line is about 350 metres and  I get full sync speed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Direct line tests(Not via a GEA test) are still showing a fault "Dis In Network" so we can't reset the line remotely while this is still evident.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
caseyw1988
Hooked

Could you send another engineer to my property to fix the issue. If at all possible.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I've updated your fault ticket Here regarding this.

If you can reply to it with the requested info giving us a nudge over here when you've done so we'll be happy to book the appointment in for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
caseyw1988
Hooked

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you guys. Nobody would have been present at my house in the week for an engineer to come. Now my wife is home as she is pregnant so an engineer can be sent out to fix this fault.
caseyw1988
Hooked

I need this engineer out this week if possible.. My guaranteed line speed of over 60mb Doesn't exist and hasn't for a long time.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @caseyw1988 

No external fault is showing upon fresh WLR3 testing - which is a good sign! 

A GEA test shows that your router is syncing at roughly 74Mbps, which is above the guaranteed line speed you mentioned. 

If you are not seeing the "correct" speeds even on this banding, then there is most likely a reason for this separate to the profile issue. As @MatthewWheeler mentioned, can you tell us if your device is connecting via WiFi or through a physical Ethernet Cable? 

The fault ticket which @Gandalf opened has, unfortunately, auto closed as it has been open for over 14 days. This can be raised again if you wish/is needed.

Now, there is a potential chance that if we sent off for this banding to be looked at by our suppliers that you sync speed may increase by a few meg, however, this is not a guarantee (it's not even a guarantee that they would do it as the Sync Speed is within their estimates & above the MGALS). 

Having said this, I am more than happy to request them to do this - I just wish to make you aware that here is a chance it may not make any difference/be accepted. I've sent this off and opened this ticket on your account with the request reference. The request should be received and actioned overnight. 

There will be no engineer visit to your premise required to do this.

Please do let us know if this helps. 

Thanks 

MoR

caseyw1988
Hooked

It doesn't seem to matter if it's WiFi or ethernet, the first picture I posted a while back was ethernet and the picture I posted yesterday was WiFi. I had been told previously an engineer needed to access my property to check / clear faults. But now its not needed. One moment I'm told there is no fault then another guy says there is?? I don't know what is going on here. I either have or I haven't. Next week you will no doubt see a fault again.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @caseyw1988

Thanks for coming back to us.

I appreciate your frustration, but if there is an intermittent issue causing the speed/connection problems you've described, it is unfortunately going to follow the pattern you've alluded to. Given the nature of the technology we're dealing with, we can really only address a problem if it's apparent when we test your line.

By all means, we can send out an engineer without a fault being "present" but this does run the risk of you being charged if the engineer finds no fault.

My advice at this stage would be to allow the reset that MoR has requested to take place and then test the speed/connectivity via a wired connection for as extended a period of time as you can manage without major inconvenience. Once we understand how the line is performing under those conditions, we'll be in a better situation to advise on the most useful next steps.

Best wishes

Dave

caseyw1988
Hooked

Hi guys,

It's now been a few months since this issue arose and it has continued to be a pain but I have managed to get by, but now I've had enough of never consistently being able to sustain a ping rate when gaming and I spend more time under my guaranteed min line speed than over it. I have bad line noise, nothing has changed in my house or the lines to my house. Again, and I re iterate this, it was perfect when I was with BT before I switched. Ever since I switched I have had this problem. Please help! Send an engineer if needed this week. See attached pics of speed tests merely mins apart. The speeds are way apart and so is the ping!
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @caseyw1988, I'm really sorry that you are experiencing issues. I've tested the line today which hasn't detected any issues and shows you to be in sync at 73.9mb.

I can see you have in the past advised that the issue affects both wired and wireless devices, is this still the case?

If so, and you have ran through our troubleshooting guides and connected your router to the test socket, then please raise a fault here. Please let us know once done so.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team