cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significant Wiring Changes - Profile Reset?

iancun
Dabbler

Re: Significant Wiring Changes - Profile Reset?

Thanks, is a DLM reset something we can do please @Mads ?

Cheers,

Ian

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

@iancun, I'm just popping through for you now. I'll pop an update on the support ticket for you once it's confirmed. 

Thanks. 

iancun
Dabbler

Not sure what it happening here, the plusnet line rate dropped back to 5mbps in the control panel and sure enough, my internet is back at 5mbps slow speeds - despite sync rate rising to 22mbps.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Sounds like the DLM reset has somehow reverted the Plusnet profile !!! I don't see why it would though...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

iancun
Dabbler

I'm not even sure the DLM reset has gone through yet, given the stats:

====================================================================================
    VDSL Training Status:   Showtime
                    Mode:   VDSL2 Annex B
            VDSL Profile:   Profile 17a
                G.Vector:   Enable
            Traffic Type:   PTM Mode
             Link Uptime:   0 day: 0 hour: 3 minutes
====================================================================================
       VDSL Port Details       Upstream         Downstream
               Line Rate:      5.411 Mbps       22.399 Mbps
    Actual Net Data Rate:      5.383 Mbps       22.400 Mbps
          Trellis Coding:         ON                ON
              SNR Margin:        6.2 dB            9.4 dB
            Actual Delay:          0 ms              0 ms
          Transmit Power:        7.1 dBm          10.1 dBm
           Receive Power:      -10.2 dBm         -17.5 dBm
              Actual INP:        0.0 symbols      57.0 symbols
       Total Attenuation:        0.0 dB          27.1 dB
Attainable Net Data Rate:      5.383 Mbps       26.894 Mbps
  VDSL Band Status        U0      U1      U2      U3      U4      D1      D2      D3
  Line Attenuation(dB):   10.7     55.4       N/A       N/A                N/A     24.3     68.5       N/A     
Signal Attenuation(dB):  10.7     54.5       N/A       N/A                N/A     26.4     68.5       N/A     
        SNR Margin(dB):     6.7       6.1         N/A       N/A                N/A     9.4       9.5         N/A     
         TX Power(dBm):     0.4       6.1         N/A       N/A                N/A     8.8       3.9         N/A     

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Yes, that downstream snr looks a bit like its still banded

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @iancun 

I suspect the DLM reset was carried out at about the same time we got a profile update this afternoon. I've poked the profile to 21mbps in line with the line speed so you'll no longer be restricted once you reboot your router.

Upon further investigation though, line tests are showing a fault on BT's equipment at the exchange which may be the underlying cause for the banding. I've raised this to our suppliers and we've been provided an estimated response time of by 02/12/20 17:00:00 for an engineer to go out and investigate further.

We'll provide an update as soon as we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
iancun
Dabbler

Thanks @Gandalf, I'll await further details on this once the fault has been checked. Will I need to contact Plusnet every time I appear to be stuck far below my sync speeds, or should this sort the issue out? 

I've rebooted the router and speeds are improved again. Hopefully once the equipment fault has been found the banding will be resolved and I can sync at an improved speed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to me @iancun 

If your sync speeds remain stable, the profile shouldn't ever drop to become a problem of being stuck. 

Let us know how it goes over the next few days

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
iancun
Dabbler

Thanks for your work on this @Gandalf. I woke up to a sync speed of 6.667 Mbps which was a little odd, so I restarted my modem and I'm now syncing at the full 27.706 Mbps. It looks like it has been unbanded now :).

However, the plusnet profile is still set at the 21mbps speed that you nudged me up to, are you able to increase this to make the most of the improved sync please?

Out of interest, did the engineers find anything (if that work has been carried out yet, could just be a co-incidence).

iancun
Dabbler

Still stuck on the internal 21mbps plusnet profile for fixed IP address users, rather than the 27mbps profile that my line is syncing at (and IP profile that the BT test shows). Could you bump this up again for me please @Gandalf / @Mads, as the delta updates don't appear to be coming through.