Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significant Speed drop this morning LINE CHECK PLEASE

danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Significant Speed drop this morning LINE CHECK PLEASE

My speed has been cast-iron steady for the last few months, connected at 45.4Mbps restricted to 40Mbps basic service (40/20) and always delivers about 36Mbps at the PC. Overnight Down Speed has fallen to 24.21 Mbps On BTW Performance test 23.27Mbps on OOkla. Up speed remains unaltered at 10.5Mbps.
Are you aware of any problems that may have affected me? Lyminge Exchange, Cabinet 2 if that helps.
Can you run a line check please and see if it throws any light on this sudden speed drop.
Thanks, Dan
7 REPLIES 7
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Re: Significant Speed drop this morning LINE CHECK PLEASE

I meant to add that I reset my router to no avail, Modem has been connected continually for yonks but we have suffered power cuts in that time, many more than we should as the rural supply looks a bit ropey (doesn't it always!!). Four Sundays back we had 8 powercuts on a calm day, put down to faulty overhead cables about 2 miles away.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I'm having a similar problem. Don't expect PN to rush to sort it out.
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Lost broadband twice yesterday for a short while (minutes only) Assumed it was a line check but have seen no PlusNet reply since, so maybe not. It could have been BTO working on the cabinet or similar.
Currently speed has returned to normal, but I'd still like a Line check please to see if anything untoward.
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Line Check Please PlusNet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you can provide the information requested in the sticky at the top of this board we may have some idea as to what is happening
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,143836.0.html
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for replying Oldjim. I'm hoping that what was happening has happened as speeds have returned, but I'd still like an up to date line check just to see if anything untoward has happened or is happening.
Two apparent losses of service recently suggest intervention. We are on a separate power supply to our cabinet and there have been power issues recently, more at the cabinet end than here, we returned home to a village power cut the other day but were unaffected here. I know that the cabinet has battery back-up but even so, I think it can wobble. The joys of country life, long runs to cabinets, somewhat unreliable power. Still for all that, can't complain with the 36Mbps at the PC (37.5 or so at the socket) on a 40/20 service connected at 45.4Mbps Down.
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

I noticed this new heading "Issue connecting to sites (DNS?)" in the forum and have commented on it. Seemingly connected to service but no Internet, an intermittent fault. I think that's what happened to me as it's still happening to me. Losing Internet on Browser but all else suggests connected normally.
Can I have a Line check please PlusNet?