cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up to Fibre but no updates from Plusnet

martinf1964

Signed up to Fibre but no updates from Plusnet

I signed up to PlusNet Fibre (presently with Sky Unlimited Broadband and Phone) 3 weeks ago (15 working days) but as yet have heard nothing regarding my order or its progress (although they have charged my card for the router delivery, first month line rental, etc). 
The information in my account is somewhat vague and confusing so don't know whether its progressing or there's a problem or whatever...come on PlusNet you praise yourself for customer service so surely you can provide regular email updates.
I was once with PlusNet approx. 6 years back and customer service was second to none....I hope I haven't made a mistake in trying to change back to them.
Please provide progress Plusnet.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Signed up to Fibre but no updates from Plusnet

Sorry for the delays in the communication, I can see you spoke to one of our chat advisors and they provided you with an update.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
martinf1964

Well router arrived last week and was given 08/03/2016 as switch date.  Come home from work and broadband still with Sky (its still working as I type) and I haven't a clue whether phone line has switched from Sky to PlusNet. Can someone at PlusNet confirm that it has and when I can expect the broadband to switch over to PlusNet fibre.  The only clue I have is when I listen to the dialling tone there seems to be a lot of background noise (it wasn't there before).
A simple text update would be nice so that I know things are progressing.
Also will I need to inform Sky that I am no longer on their broadband and the line rental and broadband charges should stop - PlusNet web-site seems to say that they handle the switch and inform my previous subscriber.
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Firrst of all, I would try giving PN a call tomorrow to find out for sure what is happening. If you are getting noise on the line then it is possible the engineer who intiates the physical change fromSky to PN has made a botch of the job . Its also possible there has been a coincdental fault .
Are you using your new PN supplied router? If so  how do you know you are still connected via Sky ?
As far as I am aware it is PN who inform SKY that your service has changed to them. You don't need to do a thing. If you do and the change has not happened due to som delay then you will have more problems. Keep up the payment to Sky until you are sure you have chnaged ISP and then get them to refund you any overpayment made.
martinf1964

We have still got the old Sky router connected not the PN router hence access to Sky broadband. I would assume Sky wouldn't work if PN was active. Will see what happens tomorrow before chasing it up. But would be nice to get more communication from PN.