cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed Up to Unlimited Fibre Broadband But...

FIXED
heanor_man31

Signed Up to Unlimited Fibre Broadband But...

Good morning to the Plusnet community.

In May I signed up to the Unlimited Fibre Broadband package and my service has been live for 10 days now.

I'm currently experiencing an issue with my phone line (which is being handled with excellent customer service I hasten to add) but my upload/download speeds don't match the figures quoted when I signed up?

From Plusnet:

Postcode:
Phone exchange:
LANGLEY MILL
Estimated line speed:
79Mb (This may vary between 60.9Mb and 79.1Mb) - Checked on 2016-05-10 23:02:32
Current line speed:
78 Mb

And from BT Wholesale:

Download Speed (Mbps): 35.92

Upload Speed (Mbps): 1.83

Ping Latency (ms): 21.50

My desktop is connected to my router over Ethernet.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post; I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Signed Up to Unlimited Fibre Broadband But...

The answer appears simple but not obvious

You signed up to Unlimited Fibre where the speeds are up to 40/2 not Unlimited Fibre Extra where the speeds are up to 80/20

Quite why the Current Line Speed is 78mb/s I have no idea

Of course you may have ordered Unlimited Fibre Extra and the system has ordered the wrong product

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

There are two packages from PlusNet: Unlimited Fibre (which is 40 down/2 up) and Unlimited Fibre Extra (80/20). Your numbers suggest that you are on the 40/2 package.

For my part, I find the names confusingly similar and I wonder if It it possible that you bought the slower package?

heanor_man31

Thanks for the prompt reply Brightonrock.

image.png

as you can see I've opted for the Unlimited Extra package. 

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As I posted above - in the edit - it would appear that Plusnet have screwed up and ordered the wrong product from BT

Note that they did exactly that with me as well but it was quickly fixed

I suggest phoning or using chat to get it fixed

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hey there and welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear you're experiencing a speed issue.
Should one of my colleagues not see this thread over the weekend I'll take a look at your account first thing Monday morning if you PM me your username?

[Edit]
If your service is provisioned on the wrong BTWholesale product then a simple modify order is required, which takes 24 hours starting on a working day so the earliest it would complete would be Tuesday.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fix

Morning @heanor_man31

Your account is provisioned on the BTWholesale 40/2 product. I've placed a modify order now to correct this, which will complete 28/06/2016 by 23:59:59.

Thanks for your patience.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
heanor_man31

Morning Anoush,

Thank you for your prompt reply and subsequent help in my query.

It's much appreciated. I'll keep an eye out and once the provision completes I'll mark the subject as fixed.

Thanks once again.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problem, I'm glad the issue is resolved. 🙂