cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick of being lied to

CompletelyFedUp

Sick of being lied to

So after months of broadband problems I reported the fault to Plusnet.  Over the following 2 months the broadband deteriorated, dropping constantly and having to be reset on a regular basis.  Plusnet proceeded to lie endlessly, telling me they would call on several occasions and not doing so; telling me an engineer was coming the next day for weeks and finally telling me the issue was because I needed to retune every wifi connected item in my home individually.  I referred the matter to the ombudsman, Plusnet told them that the drops were due to me resetting the router and there was no problem with the line.  I have been forced to persist with the very poor quality service.  Randomly today OpenReach have shown up because apparently a neighbour has complained about the service and it has been traced to an issue with the shared connection right outside my house.  OpenReach have advised this will impact my broadband.  After all the lies I just want to leave this company as I have no faith left in the service or the product.  If I do this I've been told I will be charged over £300 in fees.

7 REPLIES 7
J1mbo
Dabbler

Re: Sick of being lied to

Check the sync rate of your line vs the hand-back threshold: BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@CompletelyFedUp 

Maybe if you had come here all those months ago and aired your problem you would have received some helpful feedback that could have saved all your pent up frustration.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

CompletelyFedUp

Given my very first call with Plusnet resulted in them lying to me about calling me back, I doubt very much anything would have changed. 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

If you had posted ON THE FORUMS, it is possible you woould have got help from Community members - some of whom are considerably better able to help than Plusnet first-line call handlers.

John
CompletelyFedUp

Thank you, writing in capital letters helps me to understand what you are saying so much better. 

J1mbo
Dabbler

Did you check the line stats on the site I linked to @CompletelyFedUp ?

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @CompletelyFedUp, thanks for getting in touch and Welcome to our Community Forums.
I'm sorry to hear it sounds like you're continuing to see problems with your connection as of recent. Checking over the connection this side I can see we've only seen 2 drops in your connection in the last 5 days or so and as you've hinted these drops could be you resetting the router your side to help improve the connection?

I believe then, if you've been seeing issues to the point where you've been having to reboot the router for it help for a while then it points towards a wireless/router issue. Can I ask then, do you use a wired connections at all and do these devices look to have the same problems as the wireless devices? If you don't use wired connection then I'd recommend trying so for some time to see if the same issues persist as this could help highlight whether it's wireless interference or other wireless related issues as the cause or whether there could be a problem with the router that could be behind this.

Depending on your response will determine what I advise to try next in hopefully resolving the issues you've been seeing and I look forwards to hearing back from you. Although you've mentioned you've seen our suppliers in your area at your pole recently I can confirm when running a full test over your connection as seen below there doesn't look to be any impact on the speed or performance of your connection we're seeing.

Test Outcome
Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 73.3 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 343.8
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2021-06-10T13:15:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 72.4 Mbps 73.4 Mbps 73.0 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps
Up Time 794.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.4 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2021-06-23T12:33:24.952+01:00 2021-06-23T12:48:24.952+01:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

As mentioned then, I'm leaning towards a wireless/router issue being behind the issues you've been seeing and there's certainly a number of things I'm sure we can advise and try in helping resolve this one for you.

In regards to your wanting to leave the service, I'm afraid I can't comment on the early termination fee's via this support channel however I have looked into this for you and updated a ticket on your account here which can be seen here which may help.

I look forwards to hearing from you further.