cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick and tired of being fobbed off..

Deej

Sick and tired of being fobbed off..

For months now my line speed has been erratic. I am currently enjoying 1.5Mb/s on a supposedly 80Mb/s line. I am paying through the nose for a substandard service as long term customers do not enjoy introductory rates.

I have had a visit from a BT engineer and for the rest of that day my connection managed 40Mb/s downstream. However,. since then its gone rapdly downhill.

I used to get around 70Mb/s which I was very happy with but in recent months this has just been the stuff of dreams.

I have been told its 'congestion' but there is no reason why it should occur 24x7 and why all of a sudden,

I am sick of calling, chatting and raising tickets.

I want a refund, an apology and a decent service!

5 REPLIES 5
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Sick and tired of being fobbed off..

Hi Deej,

Apologies for the poor experience. I can see that we've acknowledged the problem with the line and that we have had a fault up and running for almost a month now.

I have escalated this back with our suppliers for now as I can see that you have run a speedtest this morning with equally bad speeds. Apologies for the length of time this is taking to resolve, but we would typically look into a goodwill gesture once all is sorted. 

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Deej

Thanks for the reply,

Speeds have increased, however my line profile is 42Mb/s and I am still expecting a faster service, in fact I am paying for it and have been for some time.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Glad that things are improving. I'll let our faults team pick up your case in due course.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Deej

Engineer called today, tested line changed a few things.
Openreach blaming BT, Plusnet everyone else..
no improvement to speeds. Line profile still half what it should be sync still lower than expected, promised, paid for! and now there is no voice service on the line.

Not a happy person at all...

I DEMAND a resolution, this has been going on for far too long

Deej

Voice service re-established after contacting openreach engineer directly...

still crappy service from plusnet