cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shouldn't my upload speed be better than this?

ashyt16
Grafter

Shouldn't my upload speed be better than this?

Last year I got the email of a promised increase in the upload speed, however it seems my speed hasn't really changed even though it looks like the profile has.

As you can see from the screen shot BT says 10mpbs is achievable, but stuck at 1.63mbps.

TBH since day one I've had nothing but issues with plusnet fibre. I used to have ADSL in my previous property and it was rock solid for years.

Since moving house and having no choice, but to go with fibre it's been nothing, but flaky.

Initially I dumped the supplied PN router within the first 2 weeks due to constant connection issues especially when using chromecast.

Replacing that with my ASUS router and an Openreach moden solved the disconnection issues with Chromecast and the service seemed somewhat stable. However over the last few months the disconnection issues have reappeared especially when downloading. As soon as the download speed got any higher than 1mbps the connection would drop. Especially torrents.

I posted about this a few months ago and tried the things suggested to no avail. In the end I got fed up with the disconnections and bought a new Netgear Nighthawk d7000v2 router. This helped stabilise the disconnects which became less frequent and seemed to fix the disconnects when downloading.

I still get random disconnects for no apparent reason. most will happen in the evening when we all come home and start using the broadband.

Can anyone advise on these issues?

1 REPLY 1
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Shouldn't my upload speed be better than this?

Hi @ashyt16, I've checked your broadband asset and it is provisioned on 40Mbps download 10Mbps upload, however this unfortunately looks to be a case of the capabilities of your line judging from the estimates shown on dslchecker.bt.com

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 23 15 1.9 0.8 13.1 Available -- --

In regards to the connection drops, it looks like you've had a few drops this week, but not as bad as it appears to have been towards the end of September.

For the intermittent connection issues, I'd recommend running through our troubleshooting guides and reporting a fault over at https://faults.plus.net if the problems continue after this, as it doesn't look like you've reported any connection issues on the account recently.

If you do report a fault via the link above, feel free to let us know here once you've done this and we'll make sure this is in hand with our suppliers for further investigation.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet