Did you mean: 

Should i raise a Fault.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Should i raise a Fault.

Hi @Dhaos, thanks for your post.

On checking the line, we're detecting what's known as a 'loop fault' which is usually something that's caused in the home environment.

So that we can get a more accurate reading from your line, can you please unplug all equipment from the socket, letting us know when you've done so? It'll only need to be for a couple of minutes to enable us to re-test.

I'm keeping an eye on this thread so that I can get the testing done the moment you tell us you're unplugged.

Dhaos
Grafter

Hi i have just unplugged everything from the socket

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @Dhaos.

I've rerun testing on the line and am still detecting the issue. This means that we're going to need to progress to an engineer visit to see if they're able to rectify the issue.

I've just sent you out a fault ticket which we do need a response to.

Please let us know via the Community when you have responded to the ticket, so that we're able to get that appointment booked in ASAP for you.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Dhaos
Grafter

I have responded to the ticket for the times, although this will be the 3rd engineer i will have had out, and this loop error has only showed up since the last engineer visit who didn't touch the line, he just did a ip profile reset.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Dhaos, thanks for getting back to me so quickly

I can certainly appreciate that you've had engineers out previously. As we're detecting a different fault, this is unfortunately the course of action that we need to take.

I've booked in your appointment for between 8am and 1pm on Tuesday 26th February.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in the meantime.

Dhaos
Grafter

Over the weekend both my download and upload has dropped, my download ip profile is currently 20mb and a speedtest shows it at 16 (usually 65) and my upload speed is currently under 0.5 (usually around 17).

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi :Dhaos 

Whilst testing your broadband connection we have found a fault on the phone service. This fault is the likely cause of the broadband issues you are experiencing, and must be resolved before we are able to investigate a broadband issue.

Your fault has now been raised with Openreach who we work with on Phone issues for further investigation.

They have advised an estimated response time of 06/03/19 This is an estimate and the issue may be resolved before this point.

I have updated the current open fault ticket with further information. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Dhaos
Grafter

Had a text this morning saying a engineer has been allocated my job and he will give me a call before he comes. Just had a look on view my engineer page on the Openreach website, It says Engineer was unable to complete the job please contact your service provider.

Ok looks like they changed it 5 mins after i posted this, we're visiting today, says someone will need to be in the property otherwise we wont be able to complete the job.

So now i am not sure if they are coming or not as i never had a appointment booked, I have been in the house all day but was due to go out in about a hour.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @Dhaos

I have checked the fault for you and it is still currently under investigation with our suppliers and has an estimate response time of 06/03/19 by 23:59:59

We should have the engineer notes by tomorrow which will tell us whether the fault has been fixed or whether more work is going to be needed.

Faris

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team