cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should have gone to Sky or Virgin. Phone active but no broadband.

JohnG1

Should have gone to Sky or Virgin. Phone active but no broadband.

Really poor start to my experience with PlusNet. BT have been reliable but I caved in to the PlusNet advertising and thought I would give it a try. Good old fashioned blame somebody else... it's with the supplier. 5 days with no Internet in this day and age when working from home is not good enough. Phone connected on Tuesday but no Fibre. Was on infinity with BT so there are no faults (other than possibly the new connection)

Either way I had to contact PlusNet to raise the issue. Not good enough and I would not recommend. Seems like Sky or Virgin would have been a better option.

5 REPLIES 5
kasiacat

Re: Should have gone to Sky or Virgin. Phone active but no broadband.

I have also been 5 days with no internet, i was previously with sky. Went through everything on the phone with plusnet and its still not working. Are they sending an engineer out to you? Thats what they're doing with me,might have to end up paying £65 if theres a fault with the line!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi @JohnG1

I've checked your order today and there's been some movement this morning, it appears that it's close to completion now as we've received the following message at 6am: Your order is nearing completion and is waiting to be tested

I'm very sorry for the delays and hope you're up and running shortly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi @kasiacat

I can see my colleague @Anoush has responded to you over here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Still-No-Internet/m-p/1413960#M312591

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
JohnG1

Just a bit of a shame I have had to buy £20 worth of 4G for my EE mobile. The kids couldn't do homework, I couldn't send work mails (I actually had to go to the office resulting in travel costs and lost time) and the wife was generally moaning especially as she couldn't access some important legal docs on her phone. Oh, and as I pay for 2 mobiles on plus net nobody could use their phones as the EE signal booster needs the internet. Out of pocket and frustrated. Hardly the best start to the Plus net experience.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Good news @JohnG1 I've checked your order and I can see this has completed. I have now manually activated your account so you should be able to connect to the internet.

Let us know if you have any problems.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button