Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I be getting faster speeds?

freeallbadgers
Hooked

Should I be getting faster speeds?

hi there,

Should I be getting faster speeds or is my phone line the limiting factor?

My stats

• Product: Unlimited Fibre Extra
  • Estimated Download Range: 44 - 64Mbps
  • Estimated Upload Range: 11 - 17Mbps
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 39.1Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 41.8Mbps

Speedtest on ethernet connection

Download  34.1Mbps  Upload : 11.3Mbps

I've been getting the above speeds for a while now and just assumed this was normal but now I'm thinking that I should be receiving faster speeds.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
duke8955
Dabbler

Re: Should I be getting faster speeds?

That's exactly the same speed for lower basic fibre. 

bobminors
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Similar problem. Upgraded from Fibre to Extra a few days ago; line speed went up from 38/10 to 66/19 which is okay. Speedtests show upload speed went up from 9.9 to 19 which is also okay. But download speed hasn't moved from 36 which is what it was before. Promised is 50 so I've raised a fault report. I'll post here if I get a result. Suggest you do the same.

bobminors
Aspiring Pro

Just an addendum - another user had this problem this week and it turned out they had set him on the wrong "Provisioning Speed". He got got fixed by phoning up.

bobminors
Aspiring Pro

Phoned up the helpdesk and got them to change the provisioning speed. Apparently Accounts hadn't seen the order and hadn't unlocked it. Now getting 55+ download.

freeallbadgers
Hooked

Thanks for the replies. I called plus and they said the profile was set too low.  They've raised it to the correct speeds now.  I'm just waiting on it to kick in.  The plus representative said it would take about 24hrs to kick in so hopefully it will be rectified by tomorrow evening.

Regards

bobminors
Aspiring Pro

Great Smiley

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

The current line speed figure suggests you’re on fibre extra already because basic fibre is capped at 40mbps

What does the current line speed figure say now? It should be instant if it’s been manually changed 

Also it may be worth posting up a copy of your router stats as this should tell for sure if you’ve been upgraded 

[edit]

Worth noting that increasing the current line speed figure will have no effect if it’s your sync speed thats slow. Your router stats will show that