Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short disconnections

Stu9560
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Short disconnections

I'm getting short disconnections on most days, several times a day. Affecting both devices, a desktop on Ethernet and laptop with wi-fi. It reconnects after a minute or so. Sometimes I get a yellow flag in the PC notification area, sometimes not. I don't upload much, just browsing and general online stuff. But I do some work from home so I need a reliable connection.

Nobody's died and I guess it's a first world problem but it's annoying nonetheless. Is this the same as the "packet loss" reported by others? If so, can I assume it's a network issue and PN are working on it? Or does it sound like an individual issue, for a ticket to be raised?

Ta in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Short disconnections

I'm guessing you are on the 40mb product? If yes it's 99% chance it's the upload bug that plusnet are trialling a fix for.ooks like it's working for others so will see when it gets rolled out elsewhere.

Lots of things upload in the background, see this for more https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Plusnet-fibre-broadband-does-not-cope-with-uploads-and...
Stu9560
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Yes, I believe I'm on the 40mb product. Standard fibre, in other words. I'll keep an eye on things then. I'm in Reading, if that's relevant.

Cheers!

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Location is normally not an issue for plusnet, but good to know in case there is a local issue others are having.

In the short term i.e. Today try to turn uploads off to see if that stabilises things inc turn windows 10 pcs off as they peer to peer updates to other users and use the uplink