Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short but frequent breaks in fibre broadband service over last couple of weeks

dvvrue95
Grafter

Short but frequent breaks in fibre broadband service over last couple of weeks

Hi folks,

having loss of broadband up to between 2 to 3 times daily over the past two weeks.These breaks don't last long,  perhaps between 1 to 5 minutes. I am retired so tend to be around during the daytime so maybe that is why I notice these breaks more.

Any chance of Plusnet staff taking a look at the line stats to see what is going on. Apart from this problem line speeds are generally within range. 

many thanks

Ian

3 REPLIES 3
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Short but frequent breaks in fibre broadband service over last couple of weeks

Hi @dvvrue95 

I've had a check of the connection and there definitely seems to be something out of place somewhere given the amount of drops we are seeing with your connection shown on the graph below.

Saying this, however, our tests aren't picking up exactly what's causing the issue so we will have to do some troubleshooting to start ruling things out.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here.

If that doesn't help, then the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket (which is under the faceplate of your master socket) and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

If the problem still persists from here we then please let us know and we will go down the route of raising a fault. 

Thanks 

dvvrue95
Grafter

Re: Short but frequent breaks in fibre broadband service over last couple of weeks

Hi MoR,

thanks for feedback. At least you can see these line breaks even though not the cause. I have done all the basic checks, including phone line and everything appears to be operating ok. I have one of the BT Master Socket 5C so will arrange to connect direct and see what happens after that.

regard Ian 

Waz
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @dvvrue95,

Thank you for your response. Please try running the connection with the router directly connected into the master socket as you have mentioned. If the problem still persists then please report the matter here. Let us know how you get on.