cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking service when trying to order

paxtond

Shocking service when trying to order

Please somebody shed some light, are Plusnet always this useless?
I placed a Order 18th of december for a fibre install, Being told the 29th was my install date.
I take a day off work and sit and home waiting for the engineer. No show. Call plusnet to be told it was canceled and has been moved to jan 7th.
Now i am back to work and unable to be here for a visit on the 7th. I have confirmed that my current faceplate/modem and line is all set up to fibre and all i require is the PTP and Dslam cab being jumpered together and i will be live. yet apparently this can't happen without me cancelling and reordering a self install service that will put me back many more weeks.
After a total of 7 hours on the phone and 4 call backs that never happened i am still non the wiser what will be going on.
It seems to be plusnet policy to blame open reach and wipe their hands of any problems as soon as they get the chance.

The only thing pulsnet have been successful in doing is charging me twice for services they have not yet installed.

Please can somebody who knows the difference between and kettle and a computer take charge of this situation before i have to submit a complaint to ofcom about the appealing service received throughout.
11 REPLIES 11
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Shocking service when trying to order

plusnet don't offer a self install product, so not sure why you were told that is what you were needed.
if you a migrating to plusnet from another fibre supplier then, yes, technically an OR engineer will be booked for a home visit, but it won't actually be required. - this is due to the way the OR system works at the moment.
with regards to your comment about ofcom, it's a misconception that people can just run to ofcom whenever they have any sort of gripe.
it's simply not the case. you have to had exhausted ALL complaints processes with the isp FIRST before you can approach ofcom.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I'm sorry to see that you've had problems.
Looking at the details on the account, it seems much of the complaint has been resolved for you. My colleague is also due to give you a call back with further information. I hope that she can resolve the remaining matters for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: paxtond
Please can somebody who knows the difference between and kettle and a computer take charge of this situation before i have to submit a complaint to ofcom about the appealing service received throughout.

Well if it's that appealing I see no reason to contact ofcom. Unless of course you mean appalling.  Roll_eyes
paxtond

Quote from: plusnettony
I'm sorry to see that you've had problems.
Looking at the details on the account, it seems much of the complaint has been resolved for you. My colleague is also due to give you a call back with further information. I hope that she can resolve the remaining matters for you.

This is far from resolved. She will be calling to talk about cancling the order as pulsnet are unwilling to help, It is a shame but i can't spend any more time on the phone to poorly trained staff who have 0 technical knowledge.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

It's not that we are unwilling to help, we want nothing more than to provide the service that you signed up for. Unfortunately, sometimes external problems do occur, and they can be rather tricky to resolve. I was hoping that we may be able to try again for you and still get an active service.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
paxtond

There is nothing tricky about what i need. its just un educated staff who do not understand the tech and therefore the job required.
jim:quote
chenks76
All Star

well you're clearly too knowledgable for plusnet.
maybe you need an ISP that is a match for your knowledge.
i'm sure everyone will be happen when you can your cancellation approved.
chenks76
All Star

i'll post where i like.
but thanks for you concern.
the opening line of your original post set out the tone for this thread, so you get what you reap what you sow.
as i said, i hope you find an ISP worthy of your custom.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

It's a public forum and you're being very mysterious about your problems  Undecided Cheesy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Finguz
Grafter

I think his problems are quite obvious.
paxtond

low and behold, more shocking service.
My install went ahead today, DSL light on and the engineer left.
My internet would no connect, so another call to plus net.
1 hour on hold to technical, told my service is not active as somebody has forgotten to add a component to my account, advised i need to talk to provisioning, before promptly cutting me off.
1 hour and 5 mins on hold to provisioning, told that information is correct but she in unable to add the component as it has to e done by a manager.
advisor goes off for half a hour then comes back telling me her manager is unable to do it and i will need to call back tomorow to have it done.
This is beyond a joke, I don't think even sky are this bad.
Total call time regarding issues now stands at 13 hours including holding