cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up fibre broadband not working

Laura2

Set up fibre broadband not working

Recently switched over to Plusnet and trying to set up the broadband. Initially the router was showing blue but I had no internet connection. It is now showing orange with the red B. When I type the IP address in it says all my devices are connected to the internet but they are not. Also, on this page my broadband username is setup@plusdsl.net (which is not what my username is in the letter) and I have no option to change this.

2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Set up fibre broadband not working

If there’s a red b then the router can’t a broadband signal on your line.

You need to raise a fault at https://faults.plus.net
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Set up fibre broadband not working

Hi @Laura2,

Please accept my apologies for the issue in activating your services.

I have completed some work on your account and updated the automated system responsible for entering your broadband username and password. Could you factory reset the router by holding a pin or paper clip in the reset hole until the power light goes green then release it. Once complete, allow up to 15 minutes for the service to connect.

If you are still not able to connect, please follow the guide below to connect your router manually.

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Broadband.'

4) You will see some default options, if not, please press 'Disconnect' on the right and this will allow you to change the Username and Password.

5) For your username, this should be your account username and should be in the following format: username@plusdsl.net
Your password is your account password

6) Press 'Connect' and you should be online.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional