cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service outage knock on?

Method0ne
Grafter

Service outage knock on?

Still having major issues with connectivity since the outage yesterday, had to reboot the modem last night to get on before I went to work, and have had to reboot it again this morning after I got home even though the connection was working for about 10 mins before the reboot.
Current call wait time for phone support is 45 minutes and that to me is an indicator that something still isn't right, though there was no mention of any issues when I tried to call like there normally is under major service problems, so I have nothing to go on, all indications I can find say that everything should be working fine, and evidently things aren't.
I'm off work now for a while so I'll be monitoring my connection very closely, expect updates if I have further issues, in the mean time if anyone from the DCT has any input on the matter I'd be glad to hear it.
On another note, my last thread was locked and an invalid link was posted by somebody trying to point me in the right direction, while I appreciate that they tried, it didn't help much, so a small suggestion for mods locking topics, please double check there's a working link to an explanation (or provide one) prior to the lock.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Service outage knock on?

Hi Method0ne,
Having checked your line and your connection logs it looks like a separate issue may have been at play as I can see a number of short connections taking place inbetween you rebooting the router yesterday evening and again this morning.
However things seem to have settled down since as you've been online for well over 5 hours now.
I'd keep an eye on this today and drop us an update here tomorrow if you experienced any similar problems and we'll take another view of things from our side for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Method0ne
Grafter

Re: Service outage knock on?

Fingers crossed everything stays stable, I can't speak to any of the overnight activity as I was at work til shortly before I posted the topic, when I was having the issue yesterday morning the router seemingly wasn't accepting my password but that could have been due to the service issue at the time, the same thing happened at the reboot last night and this morning though, whenever it first tries to connect after a reboot it gets an authentication failure which seems to sort itself out after around 5 minutes (I know the password is fine, triple checked).
I'll be monitoring the connection for as long as I'm awake today and will continue to for a while, any issues and this will be my first port of call.