Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service outage - Banchory area 01330 AB31

FIXED
FMon
Hooked

Service outage - Banchory area 01330 AB31

My Internet has been down for over 24 hours with the PlusNet router stating - You may be subject to a BT Service Outage please try to reconnect in 10 mins.

This outage is reported nowhere on PlusNet’s of BT's website and so there is no information or updates.

I have to sit in a queue to speak to someone from PlusNet who first say this is no outage in the area.  They then test the line and say no outage then then test the internet and say oh there is an outage.  They can give me know more information on why outage or when it be back up.  They say to just keep trying.  I ask if they can update a service status page at the least so I can get updates from there and they close the chat.  

Come on guys update you service page for me ... gosh.  Waiting in line to be told oh yeah its down and we don’t know why and we won’t help you other than saying we hope its back sometime isn’t really good customer service. Angry

5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Service outage - Banchory area 01330 AB31

Sorry to hear you're experiencing a loss of connection at the moment.

@FMon wrote:

My Internet has been down for over 24 hours

Looking at the test results on your connection, this MSF (Major System Failure) was reported at 23:26 yesterday evening. So if your service has been out longer, it may not necessarily be connected to the MSF mentioned.

Your connection is also currently showing the username: BTHOMEHUB@BTBROADBAND.COM
While this could be in connection with the MSF, I'd recommend checking your router settings to ensure the correct connection details are entered in your router, the username should be your username@plusdsl.net

FMon wrote:

Come on guys update you service page for me

While I do appreciate your frustration, we wouldn't update the service status for issues affecting very small numbers of customers and while I understand the use of the word major may indicate it is affecting a large number of customers, from what I can see, it doesn't appear to be (The test result shows around 6 BBEUs/Connections affected)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
FMon
Hooked

Thanks for the reply.

When I woke up yesterday so it has definitely not been working since before 8 AM on the 23rd.

On the PlusNet supplied router the username is correct with *****@plusdsl.net. The BTHOMEHUB@BTBROADBAND.COM is not shown anyone on the router pages.

All the lights come on on the Fiber box as well as the Router but a message in red also appears in the router status page stating something about a BT outage.

Are the 6 users in the same exchange area?

I guess I just have to wait.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

The users are all on the same Headend, which I believe is at the cabinet.

The status is currently showing implementing solution, so I'd hope you're not without service for too much longer.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
FMon
Hooked

UPDATE:

The BT guy showed up at the cabinet (which I can see from my house) at around 7 PM yesterday and within minutes everything was back up and working again.

Downtime was somewhere around 36+ hours.  Fix was about 1 minute.

Everyone can now stand down and relax.  Thanks for your efforts.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear that's been fixed now. Thanks for coming back and confirming that Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet