Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service drops and router problems

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Service drops and router problems

Not that simple - there are 1,000s of BT engineers and 100's of Plusnet support staff and 10's of ISPs.

There needs to be proper command and control of resources, rather than "wasting" time trying to find the right two end points between whom to exchange an SMS.

Each organisation should handled the issues entirely within and only pass details back on completion / handback of issues.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PabloBruno
Grafter

My problem is still not resolved.

This morning my fault ticket had this update:

"Our Support Team will provide a further update soon."

But that was over two hours ago and my online interview is in one hour. It was suggested that I "look at other means of getting online" but in a global pandemic switching broadband supplier within a matter of days is not an option. I had to watch two funerals of my close relatives on a phone yesterday which was totally inappropriate. Please can someone give me an update or even let me know when this is going to be fixed.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Good morning, sorry for your loss.  It is a hard time for many.

I take it that your service is still not working?  In which case one can imagine that Plusnet will need to do a chase with BTOR.  Given that this is a fault with your circuit, even if you could do it quickly, changing ISP does not change your phone line ... you will still have the same faulty phone line needing to be repaired by the same BT Openreach engineers ... who appear to have failed to fix the issue within the 72 hour target.

COVID19 is impacting everyone's ability to deliver "normal" service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PabloBruno
Grafter

I was told that the engineers would have resolved this by midnight last night. I have had no update and they have clearly not resolved the problem. I just need to know what is going on.

PabloBruno
Grafter

Can someone tell me how I get an update on this please? There is no webchat, all of my calls either end in me being booted off or they make me wait for 30 minutes on hold - am currently on hold again.

The last note on the fault log was at 07:00 this morning and simply said "Our Support Team will provide a further update soon."

The internet is still cutting out and down to 1-2 Mbps. How do I find out why this wasn't fixed as promised and when it will be fixed?

PabloBruno
Grafter

So, after my last 30 minute call to Plusnet I finally got an update, that I fear I would not have even received had I not wasted hours of my time trying to get one.

BT engineers identified a further issue that they now need until Monday to fix. I have no idea what that means, what issue they fixed (if any) and why it's going to have taken longer than a week to restore service - if they do actually fix by Monday.

Can someone inform me how to make an official complaint and also how to claim a refund for the loss of service please.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Follow the Complaints Code of Practice - the link is on every Plusnet page.

If you decide to use the "raise a ticket" route to complain, make sure you have already logged into your account before clicking the link.

"BT engineers identified a further issue that they now need until Monday to fix"

How else might this be stated to help provide a better understanding?

BT engineers - the people who service the telephone network - that is Plusnet and every other ISP's supplier

Further issue - something in addition to a problem specific to your line

Until Monday - strongly suggest that parts / facilities / plans are required and this is not an immediate fix / delivery - for example possibly a need to excavate, which requires local council permission to dig and set up traffic restrictions.

Compensation for service own time is sorted AFTER the service is restored, so that the full duration of interruption (and appropriate refund) can be calculated.

It is your right to complain if you wish, but until the duration is known, the value of the refund will not be known ... and no level of complaining gets anything done any quicker by BT Openreach ... especially if the work is extensive.

Locally we have a major joint which has been under water due to flooding - many phone lines are inoperative.  The poor guys from BTOR have been working on it for days in the freezing cold and hissing rain.  I'm sure that if it could have been fixed quicker, they would have done so ... if only so they can clear off home back to where its warm and dry where the rest of us are.

PabloBruno
Grafter

• Sunday 24th Jan - raised fault
  • Weds 27th Jan - BTOR said they would fix the fault - Plusnet said they would update me. Neither thing happened.
  • Sat 30th Jan - BTOR said they would fix the fault - Plusnet said they would update me. Neither thing happened.
  • Mon 1st Feb - BTOR said they would fix the fault - Plusnet said they would update me. Neither thing happened.
  • Weds 3rd Feb - BTOR said they would fix the fault - Plusnet said they would update me. Neither thing happened.
  • Thurs 4th Feb - BTOR said they would fix the fault - Plusnet called me saying they had to wait 24 hours as BT were working on the fault. Plusnet said they would call me first thing today Fri 5th.

They didn't.

I just spent almost an hour on hold again and finally spoke to yet another someone who had no clue as to why this hasn't been fixed by now, no idea why the person I spoke to yesterday hadn't called me back and no idea as to why this hadn't been escalated (something I was told would happen yesterday as well).

It has been up to me to call Plusnet after they said they would update me and I have wasted hours of my life over the past 12 days on hold for, on average, 45 minutes per call.

Not at one point in this awful saga have I been told what the fault is, why I am never updated despite the promises of contacting me and why it is taking so long.

That's why I am complaining. That's all without even mentioning the money I have lost by not being able to accept commissions for work, the two online funerals I had to watch on a phone instead and the simple need to have video calls with family at a really sad time.

PabloBruno
Grafter

Update:

BT have once again done nothing and are now saying Plusnet need to check back with them on Monday 8th. The call that I was promised also never happened. Instead I received an email two hours late but guess what... I am having trouble retrieving emails as... my broadband is faulty!

This is the worst service I have ever experienced by any telco in my life.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @PabloBruno 

I'm sorry for the issues with your connection. From what I can see it looks like you've escalated this to a manager not long ago who's currently looking into this for you / may be speaking with you as I type.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet