Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Levels

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Service Levels

Could you post the results of a BT diagnostic speed test please.
Pretty sure it will be, but can you confirm you are seeing the degraded speeds using a wired connection to the router.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
zaphodb
Dabbler

No I wont post the details of the BT test. I have done enough to communicate what the problem is to support. Providing yet more detail is just making me busy, whist support do nothing. The last communication they said they have achieved speeds way over what I have managed to get. Why do support only respond to me after 7 days? Its now 18 days since I reported the problem.
Just to clarify, I will be updating here, on twitter and other pubic forums until the problem is resolved. I am going to make it worthwhile for Plusnet to fix my problem by raising awareness of their poor service to others every day. If I need publically embarrass plusnet to fix the problem sobeit. I will be raising the issue with the ombudsman next, as well.
Angry
deathtrap
Grafter

I was seeing regular capacity/ plusnet issues for around 5 mths, nothing was fixed in that time for me, Why do you think that your IP profile is related  to the issues you see, if it is network congestion /contention causing poor throughput, the IP profile isn't linked to that, if DLM has intervened in a negative way ,and the BT engineer couldn't find any fault with the copper pair between your modem and the DSLAM  in the FTTC cab , and he won't reset DLM  because he couldn't find a fault then apart from the ISP sending another engineer  who may also not find a fault , then what?
Does your Plusnet IP profile match or closely match the BTW IP profile or not ?   which BT modem or modem /router  are you using ? and do you know which type of FTTC cabinet you are connected to ?  for us forum users to be able to help you  further we need to know ideally the modems stats  and as requested  a screen shot of the BTW PT showing your current IP profile and the sort of throughput level that shows your problem
zaphodb
Dabbler

Got a twitter response and a generic statement from support advising that my line s being tested (again). No progress. 18 days since reporting.
Quote from: deathtrap
I was seeing regular capacity/ plusnet issues for around 5 mths, nothing was fixed in that time for me, Why do you think that your IP profile is related  to the issues you see, if it is network congestion /contention causing poor throughput, the IP profile isn't linked to that, if DLM has intervened in a negative way ,and the BT engineer couldn't find any fault with the copper pair between your modem and the DSLAM  in the FTTC cab , and he won't reset DLM  because he couldn't find a fault then apart from the ISP sending another engineer  who may also not find a fault , then what?
Does your Plusnet IP profile match or closely match the BTW IP profile or not ?  which BT modem or modem /router  are you using ? and do you know which type of FTTC cabinet you are connected to ?  for us forum users to be able to help you  further we need to know ideally the modems stats  and as requested  a screen shot of the BTW PT showing your current IP profile and the sort of throughput level that shows your problem

I am convinced that I have had this problem before. Previously my connection was managed down, getting a little slower and slower. Eventually a BT engineer came out reset the profiling and all was 60MB+ loveliness again.
This time it seems that because no fault has been found BT have not reset the line profiling.
I dont know what type of FTTC  have, but an using the regular BT chorus modem along with an asus ac66 router.
Not really expecting tech support from the forum. I just want Plusnet to fix the problem. I started the thread in regards the poor service levels to fix the problem.
deathtrap
Grafter

Quote from: zaphodb

This time it seems that because no fault has been found BT have not reset the line profiling.
I dont know what type of FTTC  have, but an using the regular BT chorus modem along with an asus ac66 router.
Not really expecting tech support from the forum. I just want Plusnet to fix the problem. I started the thread in regards the poor service levels to fix the problem.

If BT are unable to find a fault and fix it they wont as a rule reset DLM to the wide open dlm profile it starts on once the service is live, there isn't anything the isp can do about that ,
The IP profile is a completely different thing, it's rate is set by the rate the modem sync at,
There are 2 brands of BT openreach modems Huawei and ECI , the sticker on the bottom will show the brand and model ect
zaphodb
Dabbler

The service now seems to be restored to previous levels of performance. I had run several tests and performance is now consistently above 60MB down and 15MB down. Shame it took 18 days but we got there eventually. Hopefully I wont have to go through this again, but I am not hopeful of this as I have had exactly the same several times previously. Shame I had to work so hard to get the service I am due. For the interest of anyone else facing similar service issues, I recommend twitter. It often seems the most effective way of getting attension. Im sure that once I started making a noise on Twitter Plusnet decided to pay some attension. Again, shame it hs to be this way, buy this is the new way of things now I guess. Takes far more effort.
zaphodb
Dabbler

Just another update. The performance of my connection has dropped yet again, so I'll be opening yet another ticket for this. Pathetic.  Angry
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Why open another ticket just update the one already open other wise your back to square one again, or did you close the ticket yourself ?
zaphodb
Dabbler

Hi All,
me again.
Plus net eventually managed to get my line speed backup to previous levels as Iknow they can. Guess what. A month later and my line speed is now 10 MB slower again,and falling. After going through hours of testing and corresponding with support I guess I will have my proper line speed restored again for a bit.
I know If I do nothing my linespeed will drop to 38MBps.
Surely Plus net monitor performance of linespeed. And if so why dont hey take correctlive action without me having to gotoall this ongoing effort just to get the product I am due. I am going to raise a complaint to the regulator this time. Angry
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

no Plusnet do not monitor lines no ISP does why do you think issues have to be reported. 
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: zaphodb
Surely Plus net monitor performance of linespeed.
You're expecting too much. You're paying for residential broadband. That means there are almost no guarantees. If you want someone to monitor your line and fix problems as soon as they occur you need to be on a more expensive package. It's possible that AAISP do that (I know that they monitor pings and notify you of a total connection failure) but I have my doubts. The kind of connection monitoring you want is usually only offered on leased lines that cost several hundred pounds a month.
From your description I suspect we're just seeing DLM kicking back in to cope with a less than perfect line. If so then it's questionable whether it's even a fault. DLM is part of BT's xDSL offerings precisely because it's expected to be needed. You may just have to accept that your line is noisy and learn to live with it. If you need a better connection consider switching to AAISP who are known to be more proactive at chasing issues.