Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Levels

zaphodb
Dabbler

Service Levels

Hi,
I reported a fault on Monday with regards slow speeds for my "unlimited" fibre. No-one has been in touch. Is this now the norm? Previously service was excellent. Is this because Plusnet are owned by BT?
Any idea when I should get a response? Angry
25 REPLIES 25
Saltee
Dabbler

Re: Service Levels

Feel lucky - you have MOAR SPEED than the person I suggested move over.  She can't even make phone calls now.
Wish us both luck - I've been hanging on the phone since ....
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: zaphodb
I reported a fault on Monday with regards slow speeds for my "unlimited" fibre. No-one has been in touch.
Actually you posted it on Tuesday, not Monday and you've had several replies.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,145792.0.html
Give it a few days. This is residential broadband so you shouldn't expect daily updates. Chill Smiley
zaphodb
Dabbler

Quote from: Saltee
Feel lucky - you have MOAR SPEED than the person I suggested move over.  She can't even make phone calls now.
Wish us both luck - I've been hanging on the phone since ....

Sorry I just dont understand your thinking here. Because my problem is not as bad as yours or your friends then I shouldnt post?
Quote from: Andrue
I reported a fault on Monday with regards slow speeds for my "unlimited" fibre. No-one has been in touch.
Actually you posted it on Tuesday, not Monday and you've had several replies.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,145792.0.html
Give it a few days. This is residential broadband so you shouldn't expect daily updates. Chill Smiley

Err.  I reported the fault on Monday. I posted in the forum on Tuesday. I still have had no update from the faults team. Please get your facts correct and go to the bother of correctly reading before responding making excuses for poor service. I asked a perfectly reasonable questions, still have no answers, and you are saying that is fine because I am only a residential customer. I am interested in finding out what is an acceptable level of service. Or are residential customers to be treated like full time spoon widdlers?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

[quote=http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212]When a customer reports a physical fault on their broadband connection, e.g. intermittent sync, we work with third parties such as the network supplier to fix the problem. Connection faults can therefore take up to 7 working days to clear.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
zaphodb
Dabbler

Quote from: spoon
[quote=http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212]When a customer reports a physical fault on their broadband connection, e.g. intermittent sync, we work with third parties such as the network supplier to fix the problem. Connection faults can therefore take up to 7 working days to clear.

Is this what is happening with my fault then? No-one has made contact yet. Now 6 days since I reported the problems. I dont give a monkeys who plusnet have to work with to resolve the problem. I just wish they would give the resolution of their customers problems more priority. FTTC is not rocket science is it. Why does this take s long? Maybe employ/partner more people to deliver a better service level?
Plusnet seems to have gone downhill since getting set up with BT. Such a shame. Sad
Starmans
Grafter

Have you logged into your member centre and checked your help ticket to see if there are updates there? Previously I have found I did not get notified about updates via email and had to manually check.
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Connection faults can therefore take up to 7 working days to clear

Now 6 days since I reported the problems

Working days vs actual days...it has only been 4 (or even just 3) days in plusnet world.
The service levels are poor.
If you rely on your fibre/adsl connection you need to find a service provider that will chase "their suppliers" a little bit more speedily.
I am in the process of migrating to BT Business for my adsl with a better care level (48 Hour fix), it will cost a little more verses the full (after discount/introductory period) price but it is far more important for me to have less down time if and when a fault occurs.
Ian
AndyH
Grafter

Hi,
I reported a fault on Monday with regards slow speeds for my "unlimited" fibre. No-one has been in touch. Is this now the norm? Previously service was excellent. Is this because Plusnet are owned by BT?

Speed issues are not so straightforward.
Are you seeing speed issues all the time or certain times of the day? Have you run the BT Speed Tester and Further Diagnostics? If so, what's your IP Profile? What kind of results do you get from the speed testers?
Generally speaking, if this is not an issue with your physical connection to the DSLAM, then it will unlikely be resolved by an Openreach engineer.
There is no SLG on speeds and this applies to all FTTC ISPs across the country. If there is a backhaul capacity problem in your area, it can take days, weeks or even longer to resolve.
zaphodb
Dabbler

An update.
On Tuesday (day Cool a BT engineer turned up and found no fault so he said that the line profiling could not be reset.

Currently the dl speed is 51mb which admittedly is much better than the 5mb I was getting, but is still way short of the 60MB  have previously been getting.
Anyhow, I updated the ticket on Tueday and have heard nothing to date.
Its now 10 days since I reported the problem.
zaphodb
Dabbler

Quote from: ian007jen
Connection faults can therefore take up to 7 working days to clear

Now 6 days since I reported the problems

Working days vs actual days...it has only been 4 (or even just 3) days in plusnet world.
The service levels are poor.
If you rely on your fibre/adsl connection you need to find a service provider that will chase "their suppliers" a little bit more speedily.
I am in the process of migrating to BT Business for my adsl with a better care level (48 Hour fix), it will cost a little more verses the full (after discount/introductory period) price but it is far more important for me to have less down time if and when a fault occurs.
Ian
Thanks for the info. I will investigate getting BT business I think.
zaphodb
Dabbler

Quote from: AndyH
Hi,

Speed issues are not so straightforward.
Are you seeing speed issues all the time or certain times of the day? Have you run the BT Speed Tester and Further Diagnostics? If so, what's your IP Profile? What kind of results do you get from the speed testers?
Generally speaking, if this is not an issue with your physical connection to the DSLAM, then it will unlikely be resolved by an Openreach engineer.
There is no SLG on speeds and this applies to all FTTC ISPs across the country. If there is a backhaul capacity problem in your area, it can take days, weeks or even longer to resolve.

I suspect I know what the problem and solution is here. As I previously suggested. The profiling needs to be reset. I believe that the "non found fault" which caused my connection to constantly fail, resulted in the connection being profiled down to lower speeds. The line is now stable, but still profiled down. This is exactly as I have found previously. Previously the engineer reset the profile and all was back to 60MB+ speeds. Now Im  stuck at 51MB.
ts only taken 10 days to get this far. Really disappointing, Angry
Will update when I get any update/progress.
zaphodb
Dabbler

Still no contact. 12 days since reporting the problem now. Just appalling service. Sad
Think Ill see if I can pep things up a little by investing some time on Twitter to discuss this poor service. Shame I got to really.
JohnGalloway
Grafter

Wish I was getting 51mb with MY FFTC connection  Undecided
zaphodb
Dabbler

Th latest update.
Got an update from the elusive support team today advising that they think the problem is resolved quoting a line up/down speed that is way in excess of what I have managed to achieve after 6 tests. I am now, yet again, back to where I started on the 16th November.
17 days and still no clearer.
Very efficient at billing though.
Angry