cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent wrong router

alc

Sent wrong router

So my 582N died on Saturday morning. Contacted support, no problem, new one in the post.
A near-identical replacement has arrived, but it's missing the red sticker on ethernet port 4, which apparently means it's on the ADSL firmware - no good for me. I've worked in IT for a decade plus so I'm comfortable with flashing a replacement firmware but I have a couple of questions.
I noticed that the new box doesn't have USB, and there isn't a firmware listed here
http://products.plus-payh.co.uk/firmware/
for non-USB FTTC. From what I've read, the only difference is the physical lack of a USB  port and that otherwise the router is identical. Is this correct? Is it safe to flash a non-USB ADSL 582N (DANT-T, currently on 10.2.2.B) to an FTTC firmware update from that page?
If it's safe, which of the three should I use?
2 REPLIES 2
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Re: Sent wrong router

From what I understand, you want to use...
10.2.5.2.FO
That version also enables multicast support for Plusnet IPTV services.
I also understand that it won't be a problem if your router doesn't have a USB port.
If you are still unsure, have a search through the forums where there are quite a few posts relating to this.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Sent wrong router

10.2.5.2.FO is correct for the fibre TG582n
I understand you now have a fibre 2704N on it's way now as well if flashing it does break it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet