cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagemcom router port foward loss

Colw113

Sagemcom router port foward loss

Hi can anyone help I have just joined plusnet and recieved the new sagemcom router which seems ok but today I had someone come and connect my dvr cameras to this router by using the port fowarding process, this was great and everything worked great but  when I tried to view this an hour later it was bringing up a message that the IP was inexcessable , the problem I have with this is I have a static IP address and this has remained constant . When I arrived home and went into router settings the port fowarding was lost and when I put the details in again it started to work again , it appears that if there is no activity for a period of time it just forgets about this setting rendering it useless so can anyone tell me how to remedy this
Please be easy with the replies as I'm not that technically minded
Thanks col
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Sagemcom router port foward loss

I've not heard of that happening before.
Has it happened again?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Colw113

Hi this is continually happening and not allowing me to view the cameras , what I have discovered is that when I go back into the router settings and highlight the protocol and and change to both and save it works again for a short period and then I'm back to the same situation . I have also tried to change to a different port but I get no warning of changes that are happening not like when I enter port 80 and this only ever warns me on port 80
Could you please tell me how to resolve this or have I got to purchase my own router
If I do what info do I need to set it up
Thanks col
Colw113

Hi just say I've done a search of this router on the forums and it doesn't look like mine is an isolated case