cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagemcom Router Port Forwarding

sceyre

Sagemcom Router Port Forwarding

Just had my Sagemcom router for a couple of weeks now with my new fibre connection.
As I have created a home server I tried to set up the port forwarding to port 53. The address of my server remains stable for a few minutes then the router takes it upon itself to change the device to a completely random machine on my network. What is happening? Has anyone else had this problem?
Regards
4 REPLIES 4
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Sagemcom Router Port Forwarding

I don't have that router, but this problem on other routers, can be caused by either having the device on a static LAN IP address and/or not assigning the device to static DHCP address in the routers setting.
In the Technicolor router it's a case of ticking "always use the same IP address" for the target device, I would imagine there's a similar setting in the Sagemcom.
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'm curious.
Try pinging the router from your server and see if it still drops out.
sceyre

Npr thanks for your reply. I will check your suggestion tonight. I cant remember seeing such a tick box. I will probably end up buying something more sophisticated. The Sagemcom doesnt even supply any log files. Regards
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Sorry I can't be of more help. I was hoping someone with one of these routers would jump in before now and say exactly how to configure a static DHCP IP address.